Just got my new 8330 with Verizon. I tried the MP3 player for the first time today on a plane and was disappointed because I could hardly hear it. I found the audio boost feature but it does absolutely nothing even after restarting by talking the battery out. I am using Phillips noise canceling headphones that work with my PC and IPOD.

I read a bunch of posts regarding the audio boost but mine doesn't do anything that my ears can detect.

Does anyone know anything regarding this issue to possibly point me in the right direction. I definitely need more volume. I left my other headphones at home so I haven't tried 2 different sets but I suspect that the headset is not the problem.

Thanks in Advance

strunzo
    05-19-08 05:14 PM
    Is no one else having problems with the audio on their 8330 Curve?
    05-20-08 11:12 PM
    its not at loud as my q9m was... but its not horrible... would be nicer if it was a tad louder
    05-20-08 11:34 PM
    thanks for the reply
    05-21-08 03:03 PM
    I'm having the same problem... The audio boost does nothing at all. The highest volume is very weak. I'm not looking to blow my ears out but if you are in a loud area such as a gym or plane a louder volume is necessary. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    05-21-08 07:45 PM
    I have the sprint version of the curve and it is pretty weak also...sprint techs have told me that a different back might help...i might buy a back from the crackberry store, if i do i'll let you guys know if there is any change.
    05-22-08 01:55 AM
    I've had the Curve for 2 weeks now. I love the device, the lack of audio volume is my only complaint.
    05-25-08 09:53 PM
    i think its something with the os it comes with.. when i tried one of the betas it made my audio drop in volume.. went back to factory it was loud again.. my buddy just got the sprint curve and his has the same problem that u guys are having with the low speaker volume
    05-25-08 10:16 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

I think you're right lmi1285.
    05-25-08 10:29 PM
    The volume on mine sucks
    05-26-08 12:53 AM
    you were using your phone on a plane? tsk tsk. (jp, really.)

I don't have any problems with the volume on my Curve but I'm with TMO. so maybe it just have something to do with Verizon's models.
    05-26-08 01:03 AM
    I had a hard time with the volume being loud enough while watching a movie on my BB on the plane. Music does not seem to be as big of a issue.
    05-26-08 01:04 AM
    Well, when I upgraded to OS4.5, the volume did significantly drop. Before that (while on OS4.2), it was loud enough for me...
    05-26-08 01:26 AM
    Well I work around trucks and power lifts and lots of loud machinery all day at a power plant. I can hear stuff just fine on my Curve, it's even louder than my old Sansa Clip mp3 player. I have an AT&T model and it's loud and extremely loud with the audio boost on?
    05-26-08 02:15 AM
    Is there a big diff between the 8310 and 8330? My 8310 is probably the loudest phone I have ever had (and I have had lot's!)
    05-26-08 05:58 AM
    I think it is an OS thing. The nanny's don't want to be sued over damage to our ears. I am on 4.3.0.127 from Verizon and the boost works fine. I wish there was a way to adjust Bass/treble but that's a different rant.
    05-26-08 06:31 AM
    Just got my new 8330 with Verizon. I tried the MP3 player for the first time today on a plane and was disappointed because I could hardly hear it. I found the audio boost feature but it does absolutely nothing even after restarting by talking the battery out. I am using Phillips noise canceling headphones that work with my PC and IPOD.

I read a bunch of posts regarding the audio boost but mine doesn't do anything that my ears can detect.

Does anyone know anything regarding this issue to possibly point me in the right direction. I definitely need more volume. I left my other headphones at home so I haven't tried 2 different sets but I suspect that the headset is not the problem.

Thanks in Advance

strunzo
    pull the battery and do a reset.
    05-26-08 07:47 AM
    Hi can anyone tell me how to get it Loud! Manual doesn't say anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 08:22 AM
    I have the verizon curve and the audio is pretty weak on this thing.

However, my sister has the at&t curve and it is 2 times louder than my verizon version.

So I do think it has something to do with the OS, or verizon just doesn't like loud ringtones. The past couple of phones I have had with verizon weren't very loud.
    05-26-08 08:46 AM
    When you turn the volume up does the audio boost pop up? If so do you click yes or don't tell me again, because when click don't tell me again it does nothing but when I hit yes there is marked improvment. Also since your headphones are noise canceling perhaps your phone just doesn't have enough juice to power them. I have os 4.5 and I haven't noticed a difference in volume.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 08:56 AM
    shai,

You were right about the headphones, I tried another set and they work fine and are loud. The phillips headset must be a different impedance or require more signal than the bb delivers.
    06-01-08 07:13 PM
    Impedance mismatch seems to be a reasonable problem. My Sennheisser phones are terrible with the Curve - low volume and flat. The ear buds that came with are quite loud.
    06-01-08 10:20 PM
    I just tried every pair of headphones/earphones I have within reach (2 pairs of Shures, 1 Sony, 1 Creative, 1 Motorola bluetooth stereo headset) and all of them were LOUD at max volume. I could take them off and hear them above my TV which was at normal listening level. I listen at max volume for more than a few seconds without it hurting my ears. I'd say that's pretty good considering I'm 25% deaf in my right ear and 15% deaf in my left ear from all the gunfire I've experienced. I'm on a Verizon 8330 running OS 4.3.0.127 IIRC.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-01-08 10:50 PM
    I have a curve 8310 and i have no problems with the volume and i can notice the volume change when you turn on the audio boost
    Try using the speaker phone when turning on sound boost
    06-02-08 12:24 AM
    yeah my volume thru the headphones plain sucks..even after the audio boost is on...i dont get why the output thru 3.5mm is so weak but HTC's can blow the wires out of headphones using a usb connector...

there has got to be a way to override the systems "max" volume, cuz max on this phone is clearly a LIE
    06-02-08 08:54 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD