I'm on t-mobile, curve 8320, wifi/edge, v4.2.2.180(platform 2.5.0.36)
    I'm a new user and one of the things I really want to do with my blackberry is listen to audio books I have purchased from audible.

I downloaded and installed audible air.

I can not login to my account. I have followed all of the help screens, setting permissions, changing my browser to internet browser, entering the wap.voicestream.com parameter, etc.

I get the open tunnel - max timeout error.

Audible says that the problem is with my WAP connection and that I should talk to t-mobile. T-Mobile says they can't support the 3rd party software, but that if I can connect to the internet, there shouldn't be any problem. They also said I should remove wap.voicestream.com from the TCP/APN settings.

I've searched and read all articles I could find about this. It seems that many people get this error, but most get it resolved by specifiying the tcp/apn to the specific t-mobile address. That just didn't solve the problem for me.

Also - after every change I've pulled the battery. I've even deleted audibleair & reinstalled.

If you're still reading - thanks! Any suggestions as to what I might try next?
    05-27-08 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD