Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and while I was still awake I noticed the backlight on my Curve illuminated so I walked over to where it was charging and saw that a call was coming in. There was no audible alert and the phone was set to the "normal" profile which should sound a ringtone that I've assigned to it.

I also noticed that when it's connected to my PC with the USB cable that the audible alerts for incoming messages is different than what is in the settings for that profile.

Not having an alert for an incoming call during the middle of the night makes me a little nervous as I would never know that someone was trying to call.

What is happening here?
    Last edited by Cowchip; 10-11-08 at 11:36 PM.
    10-11-08 11:17 PM
    Try a battery pull.
    10-11-08 11:24 PM
    the profile gets set to default when connected to a computer. access your profiles while the handset is connected to the power source and even make sure it's not set to "mute".
    10-11-08 11:24 PM
    It's definitely not set to mute as I checked after the call came in. Today while out and about calls came in normally, so it appears it had something to do with being on the wall charger. I guess I'll try a reset and test it.

I noticed the PC issue the first time it was connected it to the PC and ever since that time it's done the same thing. It goes to some default audible sound.
    10-11-08 11:31 PM

I noticed the PC issue the first time it was connected it to the PC and ever since that time it's done the same thing. It goes to some default audible sound.
    that's normal when the device is set to mass storage. since the computer is accessing your memory card, the blackberry cannot.
    10-11-08 11:35 PM
    I see. Well, that takes care of one issue.

Thanks.
    10-11-08 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD