I'm not convinced that this is a carrier-specific issue, however it does appear that the majority of users having this problem are Verizon Curve users. That being said, I have also heard of this issue with Sprint and Alltel devices, and even on the Verizon Pearl. So perhaps it is safe to say that this is a CDMA-model issue, for the most part....?
    08-09-08 02:22 PM
    I'm not convinced that this is a carrier-specific issue, however it does appear that the majority of users having this problem are Verizon Curve users. That being said, I have also heard of this issue with Sprint and Alltel devices, and even on the Verizon Pearl. So perhaps it is safe to say that this is a CDMA-model issue, for the most part....?
    I totally agree with that. That makes the most sense. Not trying to play Devil's advocate but I've never had that problem with my Curve nor have I ever had a problem with Verizon's customer service. They've always treated me fine and never have given me the run around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 02:43 PM
    It happened to me a couple of times. Turned out I had the Bluetooth activated and didn't have the earpiece in. I turned the bluetooth off an things work just fine.
    08-09-08 03:06 PM
    Personally, I have never had this issue, but have never received a MMS message. Everybody can hear me and I can hear them. Thank you, God!
    08-09-08 04:32 PM
    I had this issue for the first time this morning. I'm a Verizon customer (and I love them!!) and I had just received a MMS with sound. I took the battery out and no problems now. But, I've had my Curve 8330 for only a week, I'm thinking of taking it back and waiting until 10/13 to get the new one coming out!
    08-09-08 04:46 PM
    because everyone loves to bash verizon lol
    LOL! I dont fall into that category. I've never used Verizon so therefore I have nothing to say about them pro or con. I know people talk about Verizon like its the superior cell company which doesnt impress me. I'm happy with Sprint. I've been with them just shy of 10 yrs so they must be doing something right.
    08-09-08 06:23 PM
    I totally agree with that. That makes the most sense. Not trying to play Devil's advocate but I've never had that problem with my Curve nor have I ever had a problem with Verizon's customer service. They've always treated me fine and never have given me the run around.

Exactly! I'm glad you chimed in. J~ check out the title of the thread. ATTENTION! Thats right up there with Beware and Emergency.
    This is why I believe that most posting of this problem are V users. Had any research been done prior to this call for action post, then maybe, just maybe other people with the same problem would chime in.

I'm also in agreement that its more likely a CDMA issue not related to one carrier. If I didnt have the problem also, I wouldnt have posted in this thread. I dont find it enough of an issue to get my phone replaced though. I really do think it's in the network (NO pun intended).
    08-09-08 06:40 PM
    I've been happier with Verizon then Tmobile, I've a curve and I love it, and I've quickly become a fan of their service, in my office my co-worker who has an ATT 3G iphone can't get service, what's that, oh it's just my phone with 5 bars.
    08-09-08 06:41 PM
    Another duplicate thread...... Great anyways. Verizon CSR doesn't care about it... it had been forwarded on to RIM from A bunch of people on HoFO and here... RIM has the problem now. VZW could care less....

It is not the phones it is the software on mostly CDMA devices......

Don't change out your phone it's just a waste of time and pain to reconfig it all and lose your PIN... again it is regarding the software!
    08-09-08 06:48 PM
    I had this with my Treo 650, not with my Curve....yet anyway.
    08-09-08 06:51 PM
    I havent had this problem at all, Ive only had my phone for a little over a month

08-09-08 06:51 PM
    Hi....I'm fairly new BB owner, so forgive me if I've missed some history here, but my conversations w/ VZ exec customer support suggest at least part of the problem's VZ specific. I'd gotten so frustrated w/ cust service folks who'd blamed my setup, contacts, phone unit, etc., and was on my 3rd phone, when finally emailed VZ exec office & got some decent cust service. They told me there seems to be a problem w/ the 8330, but not all units, and they can't yet fix the problem bc they can't pinpoint why it happens. I was also told the problem's been handed back to RIM to fix, and that all we can do is wait. At least they seemed honest & admitted the problem and didn't promise some pie-in-the-sky time-table for fixing it.

My only solution had been to pull the battery, but it seems that if I activate voice-activated dialing a couple of times, I can hear again.

hth...
    08-09-08 07:49 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD