There have been alot of us on here that have been complaining about receiving calls and not being able to hear the other person, but they seem to hear YOU just fine. This has happened on curves with other carriers, but most of it seems to be happening with VERIZON curves. I am now on my SECOND curve 8330 because of it and am getting really frustrated. I called them today because my new curve is doing the same thing and they seem to think I am full of B.S..They told me that they have NOT heard of this problem with curves and they are playing hardball with me in getting me another replacement. In other words, you guys that are having this same problem need to call them and document the problem and help spread the word to them that these curves are defective!!! Help me out, I need you guys!!!
    08-09-08 04:24 AM
    I seriously dont think its carrier related. I noticed this too, but because we have these high end phones, it was real easy for me to think the problem was actually on the other end and not mine.
    08-09-08 04:40 AM
    I just made a post today. My sisters phone is acting the same way. She can't hear the caller or anything. I knew it was the phone. So hopefully she can get a replacement and verizon don't give her the run arounds.

Noel

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 04:56 AM
    Happened to me couple of times but most of the time its all good

08-09-08 05:39 AM
    Never happened to me.

08-09-08 07:18 AM
    Never happened to me!

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the Curve! It's probably a service related thing. ;|
    08-09-08 07:21 AM
    The only time it happens to me is if I position the phone too low on my face/ear.
    08-09-08 07:22 AM
    To all these folks that are having the call problem. Are you getting MMS with sound in them? If you are this is a known issue. It will be resolved in the OS update, when released. In the mean time, the only fix for this is a battery reset.

If not it maybe a network or account related issue that needs to be sent to network. They will tell it if is a coverage issue, network issue, or a device issue. If it is device, then you will have no problem getting the replacement.
    08-09-08 07:28 AM
    I had to break contract with verizon because this was happening with my old lg phone along with many other problems with service. And a lot of people with verizon's phones had the same problem. So in my opinion I think its on verizon's end and I know every one that I know went in and complained about it!

08-09-08 07:32 AM
    I had the same problem with the 8130. But I had so many other problems with that phone that they gave me the curve! But the curve is not the only phone that has that problem with people hearing u n u not hearing them.
    08-09-08 07:35 AM
    I've never had that problem.
    08-09-08 07:37 AM
    I've been with Verizon for over 10 years...had my curve for months.I've never had this problem.
    08-09-08 07:38 AM
    Intermittently I have the same problem with my non-BB phone. I think it's location-dependent, and therefore service-dependent.
    08-09-08 07:42 AM
    I had it happen on my Sprint Curve a lot until I deleted some custom ringtones then it went away for a while. Now it's back to doing it about every 5th or so call. I battery pull solves it for a short time then it does it again. I'd take it back for an exchange but I don't want to deal with the hassle.
    08-09-08 08:00 AM
    I personally have the same issue. It only happens after i recieve a mms message with sound. The only way i found to fix it was hit the voice command button. I know i shouldn't have to do that but verizon gives me the run around as well.
    08-09-08 08:07 AM
    To all these folks that are having the call problem. Are you getting MMS with sound in them? If you are this is a known issue. It will be resolved in the OS update, when released. In the mean time, the only fix for this is a battery reset.

If not it maybe a network or account related issue that needs to be sent to network. They will tell it if is a coverage issue, network issue, or a device issue. If it is device, then you will have no problem getting the replacement.

I positively agree with lastraid. The only time this happens to me is after recieving a MMS that has a video with sound, then after watching, i have this issue and have to do a battery pull. Hopefully will be resolved with the new OS update.
    08-09-08 09:41 AM
    i've had my phone less than a month at it's happened to me already.. all i had to do was take the battery out. my sister has the same phone, got it the same day as me and has had no issues.
    do you think it will get worse the older the phone gets?
    08-09-08 09:44 AM

I had to break contract with verizon because this was happening with my old lg phone along with many other problems with service. And a lot of people with verizon's phones had the same problem. So in my opinion I think its on verizon's end and I know every one that I know went in and complained about it!

It's a shame that you're trying to isolate this to one carrier. I read this thread out of curiosity and as I've already posted, the same thing happens to me; so it's not carrier related or have anything to do with MMS.

I dont know how much research the OP did before posting this, but beig specific "Verizon" is one of the reasons why thats who this thread is attracting.
    08-09-08 10:10 AM

It's a shame that you're trying to isolate this to one carrier. I read this thread out of curiosity and as I've already posted, the same thing happens to me; so it's not carrier related or have anything to do with MMS.

I dont know how much research the OP did before posting this, but beig specific "Verizon" is one of the reasons why thats who this thread is attracting.
    because everyone loves to bash verizon lol
    08-09-08 11:26 AM
    I'm not sure if its carrier related but... I am a Verizon user and this happened to me once, I did a battery pull, voila, problem solved! It hasn't happened to me since.
    08-09-08 11:36 AM
    I was just going to post that I don't have this problem. However my wife called her mother from my phone and sure as sh*t it started. We even tested it in the house same issue.

08-09-08 12:08 PM
    I've had mine a couple months and have had no problems. Is this something I can look forward to or does the problem reveal itself quickly?
    08-09-08 12:21 PM
    never had that happen...ive been using my bt earpiece since I got it though
    08-09-08 12:32 PM
    That happened to me twice and that was within the first month of getting the Curve. It hasn't happened since.
    08-09-08 12:45 PM
    Intermittently I have the same problem with my non-BB phone. I think it's location-dependent, and therefore service-dependent.
    Triburon, Love your signature..... "only till 10/08" your only have 2 months to go! I am going to try to get my hubby on a Curve from an LG8300 come Jan..... so longer wait for him.

I have had my Curve for 3 months now, and no problems here
    08-09-08 02:16 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD