I am running OS 4.5 from TIM (because AT&T is so slow to release updates) and I have been running with no errors or problems. I have documents to go and up until a couple of days ago I was able to open image files, office files, and pdf files as attachments in my e-mail with no problems at all. Now they will not open at all, when I go to open attachment it takes me to the screen that I can select the attachment and when I click on the attachment it just takes me back to the original message... nothing opens, no errors, no nothing... just right back to the e-mail. When I open the menu on the attachment screen my only options are "help, switch application and close". I tried reinstalling the OS and I get the same thing. Does anyone know how to remedy this? I checked in the applications and the Blackberry Attachment application is definitely 100% there. I have checked just about every option I can think of and nothing seems to be set to prevent me to view attachments and, as I said, I could open all attachments before with no problems. HELP!
    10-08-08 11:57 AM
    I had the same problem when i upgraded, now running 4.5.0.81 and haven't had the problem. I did however fix the problem by going to the blackberry website from my bb browser. I re-downloaded docstogo and it seemed to solve the problem. Weird little things seem to fix the phones, give that a try it may work
    10-08-08 03:05 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, Jack. I am downloading docstogo again and hopefully that will resolve the issue.

If not, where did you get your copy of the 4.5.0.81 OS?
    10-08-08 03:48 PM
    I had a the same problem, attachments had opened fine and then it stopped. What I did to resolve the problem was pull the battery and put it back in again.
    11-08-08 10:15 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I use to have an option to view or save an attachment now I can't. I've been searching Crackberry for a solution. Most are saying to make sure BB attachment service is installed. When I go to check I can't find it in applications so I'm guessing it's not. I go to my Blackberry Desktop Manager to try to reinstall it but when I go to Add/Remove Applications or Update Applications, the only ones that show up are the third party applications that are installed on my phone.
    I have a BB Peal 8120 on TMobile with an unlimited data plan. I have OS 4.3 (can't upgrade to 4.5,waiting for T-Mobile to release it) and I'm running Desktop Manager v4.7.
    If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.
    I'm not interested in Documents To Go. I only want to view .doc, .pdf, and .jpg files.

Thanx
    11-20-08 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD