my friend just got a curve and she told me she has to pay att to use her gps is this true how can you be charged to use gps. i understand you might have to pay for software but i dont understand if you have gps how you can be charged to use it.
    i have a pearl and i was thinking about getting a external gps reciever for it but if im going to have to pay for service ill just keep using my garmin
    06-26-08 06:03 PM
    download nav4all...it is simple, free, and actually gives you voice directions.
    06-26-08 06:07 PM
    Another alternative is amaZeGPS, recently updated, also free although I too prefer nav4all
    06-26-08 06:13 PM
    my friend just got a curve and she told me she has to pay att to use her gps is this true how can you be charged to use gps. i understand you might have to pay for software but i dont understand if you have gps how you can be charged to use it.
    i have a pearl and i was thinking about getting a external gps reciever for it but if im going to have to pay for service ill just keep using my garmin
    she has to pay ATT to use their GPS software not the GPS reciever...ATT doesnt lock the GPS like verizon does...just download one of the free programs listed above or use google maps which uses GPS when its available on your phone
    06-26-08 06:23 PM
    And I forgot one. CoPilot Live

It is not free, but does have a six month free trial
    06-26-08 06:27 PM
    hi
    does Nav4all work on a 8310 as it only displays 8300 and 8320?
    06-27-08 10:47 AM
    the 8300 and 8320 don't have gps maybe your looking at the wrong version or something.
    06-27-08 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD