Hey!

I have a question for anyone that could answer. I currently have a tmo BB 8320 with the hotspot at home enabled to allow me to make calls over my wifi connection, without it effecting my minutes on my plan.

With that being said, I am an IT admin for Blackberry and my boss is looking into ordering the wifi BB with ATT. I was wondering does ATT have a similar plan to Tmo's hotspot at home, that will allow my users to make calls using there wifi connection? Or do they even need it at all?

Any info you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
    09-29-08 08:24 AM
    nope. at&t has no UMA action.
    09-29-08 09:38 AM
    Ugh thats not cool. So there really is no point on ATT having a wifi device then...

If a ATT user connects with a wifi connection, it will still deduct from the minute plan?
    09-29-08 09:53 AM
    Ugh thats not cool. So there really is no point on ATT having a wifi device then...

If a ATT user connects with a wifi connection, it will still deduct from the minute plan?
    you cant make wifi/UMA calls since AT&T doesnt have a UMA system. because of that, there are no "minutes to deduct" in reference to your question.

all the wifi does it allow you to connect to data at home or at any one of AT&T's wifi hotspots. this is their attempt to capitalize on their taking over all of the starbucks hotspots.
    09-29-08 09:57 AM
    That sucks... Thats why I love Tmo...

Thanks for your help!
    09-29-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD