My 8330 has been a really good phone. Over the last few weeks its been through a couple of fights with some alcoholic beverages and now the top four buttons only work a quarter of the time and the trackball is starting to go. I'm probably gonna make an insurance claim sometime soon. I was wondering if anyone else has made one recently because I don't want them to give me an 8530 I want another 8330. Thanks to anyone who helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 06:01 PM
    I've never had an insurance claim for my bb, but maybe why no one has responded is because they got a 85xx replacement and are on the other forums? Just kidding. Maybe you could clean the contacts. You could take it to a Verizon store and ask them to do it. I know they replaced my trackball for free when it was dirty. Good luck!
    09-23-10 12:15 PM
    I've never had an insurance claim for my bb, but maybe why no one has responded is because they got a 85xx replacement and are on the other forums? Just kidding. Maybe you could clean the contacts. You could take it to a Verizon store and ask them to do it. I know they replaced my trackball for free when it was dirty. Good luck!
    Yea I have the extended warranty but since it got wet its not covered. Plus I don't know how happy they'd be seeing OS5.0 on my device. Worth a try though I'll see if they can fix the contacts before I spend $89 on an insurance claim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD