Hello all, I have the 8320 & would like to assign ringtone for different contacts. I have many rigtones that i have made on my MC, I aslo understand the process of highlighting a contact in the address book & pushing the app button & selecting add custome ring tone. The problem is it gives me two options, (Device Memory & Preloaded Ring Tones) it doesn't allow me the option of searching the media card witch is where the rigtones that i want are stored. If I select edit contact, the option to assign ring tone is not there. Can anyone help?? (PS) I have searched the forums with no luck.
    05-12-10 08:37 AM
    Have you copied the ringtones to the memory card?
    The other thing to note, is that you can't access the memory card, while your BB is in "Mass storage mode". So if you're connected to the computer, you need to disconnect before you can use the memory card.
    05-12-10 09:31 AM
    Thanks for your quick response, Yes the rigtones are on the memory card & no the BB isn't in mass storage mode. I can access the memory card with th BB in any other case jus can't assign ringtones to contacts from the memory card other than those in my fav 5
    05-12-10 10:31 AM
    It's a little confusing. You would think it's in the list when you "edit" a contact.
    Step by step here. Open address book. Select contact. Bmenu, edit. bmenu again, and choose "add custom ringtone". now it'll show at the bottom. choose what you like, it will put ALL ringtones (internal/MC) in the list
    05-12-10 10:36 AM
    Yup there it is!!! Thank you!!
    05-12-10 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD