Is there a way, without downloading or creating a new theme, to arrange icons on separate rows?

One way I thought was maybe download a shell/dummy application that has a transparent or invisible icon to shift icons onto the next row.

Thx
    04-07-09 01:03 PM
    im not sure i understand.. you can move icons to any row you want.. menu>move.
    04-07-09 01:41 PM
    You can also hide icons that you wount use too.
    04-07-09 01:43 PM
    Yeah. But what if I want My Gmail and 2 web browsers on the first row. Then on the second line I want 3 games I have. Then third row help etc.

Is there a way to do that or a work around? When I move an application or hide one everything shifts together.
    04-07-09 02:01 PM
    ohhh.. i think i see what you are saying.. yeah, they are all gonna be in a group, pushed to the top. thats the way it is coded.
    04-07-09 02:03 PM
    is there an app to let the user arrange icons to a grid? or an app that lets you add folders without any icon. That way you could put three apps on the first row then three invisible folders and that would shift the rest of the applications onto the next row
    04-07-09 02:17 PM
    I think it depends on your theme. I know with the theme I have right now (Storm Replica) on my 8310; I can move and change which icons are on the row that show when I turn on the phone. I can switch them all around if I want.

So I would say it is very dependent on whether you have a customizable theme or not. Mine is a customizable bottom dock and I absolutely love it. I change it when my needs change.

~Jazzi~

04-07-09 02:17 PM
    You could make folders and toss the icons into them I think...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 02:18 PM
    You could make folders and toss the icons into them I think...

That's what I do, in fact I have a folder that is named "hidden" icons and I toss all the required AT&T junk in there with other icons I don't use. I can even hide the folder if I want. LOL

~Jazzi~

04-07-09 02:21 PM
    Yeah. But what if I want My Gmail and 2 web browsers on the first row. Then on the second line I want 3 games I have. Then third row help etc.

Is there a way to do that or a work around? When I move an application or hide one everything shifts together.
    Write down the layout you want and then move the icons starting with the upper left corner. They only shift right and then down, so everything to the left and up will stay in place.
    04-07-09 02:30 PM
    The OP is talking about having spaces between icons like only 3 icons in the top row 2 in the second row etc, which is not a theme issue. It just can't be done.

04-07-09 03:03 PM
    Yeah this can not be done.
    04-07-09 03:09 PM
    The OP is talking about having spaces between icons like only 3 icons in the top row 2 in the second row etc, which is not a theme issue. It just can't be done.

Got it. Not until OS 5.0 at least.
    04-07-09 03:16 PM
    Got it. Not until OS 5.0 at least.
    Really? That would surprise me since the whole layout for the menu hasn't been changes in a long time and doesn't really need to be changed since it works just fine. Where did this info come from?
    04-07-09 03:19 PM
    Really? That would surprise me since the whole layout for the menu hasn't been changes in a long time and doesn't really need to be changed since it works just fine. Where did this info come from?
    The rumor mill. Supposedly you will be able to set the icon matrix, i.e. 4 columns by x rows or something to that effect.
    04-07-09 03:26 PM
    The rumor mill. Supposedly you will be able to set the icon matrix, i.e. 4 columns by x rows or something to that effect.
    Oh I had a feeling. It is always so much fun when people start stuff like this on here. My favorite is "I work for RIM" or "I'm tech support". I highly doubt that RIM wants there employees associated with this site.
    04-07-09 03:31 PM
    I only know what I read.
    04-07-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD