I used to have this neat piece of software that would put the identy of the city area code that was calling on the screen. Obviously very helpful when you get a call from area code 626 when you live in area code 480.

Anyone know of a BB product that will do that?
    01-23-08 06:51 PM
    area codes 626 is most of the san gabriel valley...

area code 480 is in arizona and was split from 602 on april 1 , 1999...

google... took ten seconds...

-db
    01-23-08 06:55 PM
    Dbear

LOL - You missed the point, what the software did was "display" an incoming calls city (and the number) based on the area code so you knew. Try a look here: cequint.com/city.html
    01-23-08 08:05 PM
    Berryacode - I just downloaded it yesterday. If a number is not in your address book it will display the city and state. Hope this helps.
    01-23-08 08:37 PM
    What's the website used to download BERRYACODE?
    01-23-08 09:33 PM
    What's the website used to download BERRYACODE?
    No more Berryacode

From the website at Berry-a-Code v1.0.16

"Well, the end is here for Berry-a-Code. Unfortunately,
    I was notified by a 3rd party who believes they own patents
    related to this idea. I don't have the time or energy to
    pursue this so I am forced to take Berry-a-Code down.
    I do appreciate all the feedback and input that people have given me for Berry-a-Code.
    If you have questions feel free to send me a comment."
    01-23-08 10:23 PM
    Did anyone save the .jad files? If so just upload them to some file storage place like filestube.com and then link to it.
    01-23-08 11:54 PM
    Did anyone save the .jad files? If so just upload them to some file storage place like filestube.com and then link to it.

Agreed I would appreciate a copy to evaluate.
    01-24-08 09:49 AM
    No more Berryacode

From the website at Berry-a-Code v1.0.16

"Well, the end is here for Berry-a-Code. Unfortunately,
    I was notified by a 3rd party who believes they own patents
    related to this idea. I don't have the time or energy to
    pursue this so I am forced to take Berry-a-Code down.
    I do appreciate all the feedback and input that people have given me for Berry-a-Code.
    If you have questions feel free to send me a comment."
    Its highly unlikely that somebody has patents for displaying area codes. They may paten the code they use but we all know there is tones of ways to write code to display area codes.
    01-24-08 10:00 AM
    I like this idea
    01-24-08 10:07 AM
    Berryacode - I just downloaded it yesterday. If a number is not in your address book it will display the city and state. Hope this helps.
    Bikerider can you send me the files?
    01-24-08 11:20 AM
    I did OTA install - can I send this from my phone (sorry I am only a one week old BB user)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-08 11:30 AM
    i believe if you sync the phone to the DM, you put the files onto your computer, then you can find the file and email it to someone. I would like it also if you would,
    01-24-08 11:32 AM
    i believe if you sync the phone to the DM, you put the files onto your computer, then you can find the file and email it to someone. I would like it also if you would,
    Bike Rider - cjc is right - when you backup your file you should be able to email them. I sent you a private message with me email.

Thanks
    01-24-08 01:04 PM
    Bike Rider - cjc is right - when you backup your file you should be able to email them. I sent you a private message with me email.

Thanks
    Not sure about that, he's saying a sync, you are saying a backup. In any case I have done both and do not see the berryacode files anywhere on my computer. May be my newness to the BB but I can't get it to work.

I'd be happy to send the file to all who have PM'ed me, but I need some help to figure out how to get at the app file on my computer.
    01-29-08 11:22 AM
    I am at a loss as well. I checked everywhere I can to see if BB backups up applications, their own or 3rd party and can't find anything except the desktop backup. Which is primarily for databases although it does pictures too. The problem is you can't get at them only restore the db's and pictures and it doesn't help for applications. So until someone writes a backup program that allows you to get at the applications I think we're hosed. Thanks for your help.
    01-30-08 09:33 AM
    iam very interested also in that small programm
    01-30-08 10:18 AM
    +1
    add me to the list as well; sounds handy. Perhaps I'll write one as well (although it's been awhile since I wrote anything in java ;-))
    01-30-08 10:21 AM
    +1
    add me to the list as well; sounds handy. Perhaps I'll write one as well (although it's been awhile since I wrote anything in java ;-))
    Looks like that's the only way we will ever see this. The original writer has bailed and no one can figure out a way to recover, backup and disperse 3rd party applications off a BB. This also seems like an opportunity for someone whoc an write programs.
    01-30-08 10:24 AM
    Ack! that sucks! Ok, in that case can someone give me a detailed description of how it worked and things they (dis)liked about it? Perhaps then I can gain an understanding of what we want ... then try to shoe-horn this project into my ridiculous schedule ...

could be fun
    01-30-08 11:21 AM
    I think it's pretty simple (but what do I know)
    Phone rings, area code of calling number is identified (if available)
    program looks up City in area Code Data Base and displays calling city.
    01-30-08 06:19 PM
    Not sure about that, he's saying a sync, you are saying a backup. In any case I have done both and do not see the berryacode files anywhere on my computer. May be my newness to the BB but I can't get it to work.

I'd be happy to send the file to all who have PM'ed me, but I need some help to figure out how to get at the app file on my computer.
    Ok some possibley good news. I found this item on another forum and it works. It's a way to backup applications, including OTA apps and restoring them.

ITS IMPORTANT you follow the instructions to the "T", especially when it says find the file with your PIN. At the end I asked the writter how to restore individual files and his reply is there as well. If we can get an ALX file for Area Code we can do it.

]" How To: Backup and Restore All Installed 3rd Party Apps - 08-23-2007, 06:48 PM
    Need to wipe your device using javaloader or JL_Cmder but don't want to lose all your 3rd party apps? Backup/Restore in Desktop Manager won't do it. Here is a way to back them up and restore them. Note: It wouldn't be a bad idea to do this on a routine basis just incase your device gives you the unexpected hourglass screen of death requiring you to wipe the device.

* Download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager 4.2 from here
    * Plug in the device and run Desktop Manager.
    * Click on �Switch Device Wizard.�
    * Click on �Switch Blackberry Devices.�
    * Click �Next.�
    * Select USB: Your Pin.
    * Click �Next� and then enter your password if required.
    * Uncheck �User Data and Settings� and �Include Messages� leaving only �Third Party Applications checked.
    * Click �Next.�
    * When it�s finished backing up the apps, DO NOT click �Next� or �Cancel.� Leave that screen as it is and continue these instructions.
    * Search your computer files/folders for a folder labled with your pin number. Be sure and search in hidden and system files. Hint from BBF member NextelUser: Open Windows Explorer or My Computer and type in %temp% to find your temp folder with the folder labeled as your pin number.
    * When you find it copy it to another location.
    * Now go back and �Cancel� the Switch Device Wizard. If you cancel the wizard before copying the folder to another location the folder is automatically emptied.
    * Now wipe your device as desired. Your backup is complete.

Restore:
    * When the OS has been loaded back to the device run Application Loader again and click on �Add�
    * Browse to the folder you copied with your PIN. Double click on the file named yourpin.alx.
    * This should add all your 3rd party apps to the apploader.
    * Finish the installation to load them to your BB.
    * Restore your personal data using the restore feature in Desktop Manager Backup/Restore

Note: If you are wiping the device because of a problem this procedure may not be wise to perform because the cause of the trouble could possibly be in one of the 3rd party apps.

Question - I know this has kind of been answered but I thought I'd ask anyway. I have done the above procedure and it works great. Questions:

1. Does this procedure backup 3rd party software that was installed "Over the Air"
    2. I see all the applications in the backup (save the PIN .alx ext) have no file extensions. Is it then not possible to reinstall or save just one "a" particular application?

1. Yes.
    2. When restoring you simply use the "add" button to add the pin.alx. Then it gives you a selection for each app in the application loader.

Note: This procedure works best with DM 4.2 SP2. Occasionally, 4.3 doesn't see all the applications.
    Thanks]

So if you can give it a try and send the files I'll try to install them.
    01-31-08 09:23 AM
    Bump - Wanted to see if anyone had some luck with Berry-A-Code
    02-01-08 03:53 PM
    I have BERRY-A-CODE on my phone, and just last night i noticed that it wasn't working anymore. Shouldn't it be tho?
    02-01-08 04:06 PM
    Ack! that sucks! Ok, in that case can someone give me a detailed description of how it worked and things they (dis)liked about it? Perhaps then I can gain an understanding of what we want ... then try to shoe-horn this project into my ridiculous schedule ...

could be fun
    When ever someone calls from an Unknown Number it would display the city and state of where they're calling from. What i did notice tho is that it wouldn't display the number whenever you received a call (<--that's what I disliked about it) unless you went into the call history and looked for the details.
    02-01-08 04:09 PM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD