Is there anyway I can look to see if there are any Apps running in the background on my 8310. It seems that this is the first thing that is commented on when someone has an issue with the device rebooting or low battery life or...

So, how can a person check to see if there are sneak Apps running?

Duane
    02-09-09 12:45 PM
    Hit ALT + Back (right of trackball). The apps closest to the left are usually open. Just keep selecting the icon furthest on the left and close out until one of them opens the app. That way you know there all closed.
    02-09-09 01:06 PM
    just an FYI, hold the ALT key while pressing the back key. I found this out by asking after many fits and starts at trying to find out what was running.
    02-09-09 08:05 PM
    if I hold ALT + Back key and release, that opens up the last app that I used. If I hold down the ALT+ Back I get a list of Apps. Surely they are not all actively running.

As an example, I currently have messages, bb messenger, homes screen, call log, PTT, and browser. If I open Messages and then use CLOSE it simply moves that icon to the back of the list.

I do not think this is telling me what I have open and active.

Duane
    02-11-09 10:06 AM
    Yup, it's telling you what's open. Certain BB apps can't be closed... Phone, BB Messenger, Home Screen, Browser, and Messages. I would imagine this is because they are part of the phone, and perhaps depend on each other to function. Anything else is extra, and can be closed if you don't need it to be running at that time.

If you hold ALT and press BACK once, it will bring up the list and allow you to scroll through to select the app you want to switch to. Just release alt to open the selected app.
    02-11-09 10:12 AM
    How can you close any app that BB doesnt require to have open ?
    02-11-09 10:47 AM
    Hold Alt and press back.. go to the application.. options-close..
    02-11-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD