Hey all,

So just a quick question here...I know that it drains the battery to leave apps running in the background, but does this apply to the Calendar or other smaller things that run in the background? If I don't press "Close" or "Exit" on anything, but instead I just press the "End" button, this leaves the app open, even if it is a BlackBerry installed program like Contacts/Calendar, etc.?

Thanks!
    07-05-09 06:51 PM
    Certain prgrams run all the time end of discussion. I never use ptt but it's still running. I'd check what apps are running by pressinf the menu key and then clicking on change app. There's a quicker way, but it's escaped me at the moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 07:16 PM
    You can hit alt + the back arrow and that will bring up the same bar. Make sure you continue holding down alt until you decide the application you want to choose.

07-05-09 07:30 PM
    Okay, perfect! Thanks!! But I should get in the habit of closing anything by pressing Menu > Close/Exit rather then just pressing the "End" key, right?
    Last edited by BerrySky; 07-05-09 at 07:58 PM.
    07-05-09 07:56 PM
    That would be correct.

07-05-09 09:36 PM
    Okay, perfect! Thanks!! But I should get in the habit of closing anything by pressing Menu > Close/Exit rather then just pressing the "End" key, right?
    You should always close an app by pressing menu>close. By pressing the END key it leaves them running in the background. Keep in mind you will always have five native apps running in the background. Those are Call Log, Browser, Home Screen, Messages, and BBM.
    07-05-09 09:41 PM
    You should always close an app by pressing menu>close. By pressing the END key it leaves them running in the background. Keep in mind you will always have five native apps running in the background. Those are Call Log, Browser, Home Screen, Messages, and BBM.
    Very good, thanks! I appreciate it!
    07-06-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD