So basically I wanted to know 2 things.

1. I used to own a PDA before I became addicted to the BB. (This my second one). There was a feature that was able to tell you which applications were "open" or still running. You were then able to "close all applications", therefore saving battery time and memory space. Is there a feature or third party app that does this?

2. Are you able to save applications to your memory card? If so, how.

Thanks a lot in advance!
    12-16-07 01:08 PM
    Very good question.
    I was wondering the same a few days ago, because im very picky about my battery life.

I usually press Alt+Return, and look at the applications in the quick app switch list,
    Then i just file, close or force shutdown for some, all the apps i can.
    After that the list will be shorter and hopefully bettery life lasts longer.
    Not 100% sure tho. But give it a shot.

As for saving Apps to the Mem Card, not sure how.
    12-16-07 01:12 PM
    Answer:
    1) you can use "alt+esc" to check open applications (alt is the bottem left hand corner button, and esc is the "back" button to the right of the trackball, or under the trackwheel)

2) there is no way to install applications on the memory card.
    12-16-07 01:13 PM
    I knew about bringing up the application shortcut bar, but how do you close those apps? It seems like those are standard shortcuts (Browser, messages, address book, etc...) and don't really close.
    12-16-07 03:39 PM
    Is there any way to get PTT off the "running applications" list without uninstalling it? (dont have the guts to mess around with the OS files just yet)

Same goes for Blackberry chat program? (that can just be uninstalled thru the regular method though, right?)
    12-16-07 06:01 PM
    Yeah you can uninstall BB Messenger
    12-16-07 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD