I'm having a crisis right now! I have a bb vurve 8320, and i've tried deleting apps, but they won't go completely away. I tried to download different apps like ubertwitter, and it has been saying "installing" for a full 24hrs now. I've deleted pictures, music, etc. i also have 2 other apps that say ready to install, but when i press the menu key and select install, nothing happens!! PLEASE HELP ME!!
    01-28-10 10:28 PM
    Battery pull after uninstalling an app.
    01-28-10 10:40 PM
    I've done that several times, and it still does the same thing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 12:12 AM
    Some apps will never leave if they are installed my the carrier. For instance, Verizon has sent the friggin BING application to all its BB users. The icon is there, if you download the app and try to delete it, its still there. All you can do is hide the friggin thing..

What apps you trying to delete ?
    01-29-10 12:27 AM
    Yeah, I figured that part out! Now I'm just having a problem freeing up space. I took over my sisters plan and she only had bbm, pandora, and color I'd dowloaded, so I'm not sure why the memory would be low.

01-29-10 12:53 AM
    How many messages are saved on the device? Is there a media card for pics, or are any media files in device memory?
    What is current file free memory (Options>Status, copy and paste that in reply).

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ a popular thread for getting things on track.

Open Options>Status, click Menu>Database Sizes, and see if something is taking up excess memory in the various apps.

Just a few things to help you get on track, and give us a clue as to what may be going on with your Curve.

You can verify your device model by typing myver and hitting the spacebar, like this. 8330/4.5.0.175

Last edited by BergerKing; 01-29-10 at 01:12 AM.
    01-29-10 01:07 AM
    Some apps will never leave if they are installed my the carrier. For instance, Verizon has sent the friggin BING application to all its BB users. The icon is there, if you download the app and try to delete it, its still there. All you can do is hide the friggin thing..

What apps you trying to delete ?
    8320 wouldn't be functional on VZW, that is a GSM Model.

01-29-10 01:08 AM
    TMO sends it's own bloatware via service books.
    01-29-10 07:46 AM
    Thank you so much for the advice! Everything is working properly now.

01-29-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD