Hey gang, I have an 8330 Curve and after installing Pandora radio app yesterday my blackberry constantly has the wait icon displaying on it, like when you load an app and the clock comes up. This in itself is frustrating as it slows the phone down but what is worse is that my battery is being sapped within 6 hours from full charge. This didnt happen until I loaded pandora radio, so naturally I got rid of it but it is STILL doing this.

When I use the blackberry button from my home screen and go to switch application the following apps are listed: Phone, Messages, Home Screen, Browser, and BB Messenger. I uninstalled pandora last night when I saw this was happening.

What can I do to get it back to normal. Its almost useless right now....
    05-20-09 12:30 PM
    what is your free memory?
    just hit ATL + eace and it will tell you.
    05-20-09 12:37 PM
    what is your free memory?
    just hit ATL + eace and it will tell you.
    File free: 35528114 bytes
    File total: 83623936 bytes

Seems adequate no?
    05-20-09 12:40 PM
    Yea your memory is good...maybe try deleting the app and reloading it and see if that helps.
    05-20-09 12:41 PM
    Yea your memory is good...maybe try deleting the app and reloading it and see if that helps.
    I did delete it, I am wondering if I did that incorrectly though...it doesnt show in the application list. What I did to uninstall/delete it is go to Options -> advanced options -> applications and used BB button on Pandora app name and chose delete. Is this the correct way? I cant find the app anywhere on my unit so I assume it is truly gone but it seems like something is still trying to stream/download...
    05-20-09 12:44 PM
    I have also done numerous resets to no avail (take battery out).
    05-20-09 12:45 PM
    Hook your phone up to your DM on your computer to make sure it is actually gone.
    05-20-09 12:47 PM
    What other apps are you running your phone?
    05-20-09 12:48 PM
    Hook your phone up to your DM on your computer to make sure it is actually gone.
    Doing it now....

As far as other apps go...just the ones that come with the phone. I am just getting used to the whole blackberry world. Thought Pandora on the go would be sweet since I use it at home all the time.
    05-20-09 12:51 PM
    Well that is weird that pandora has done that to your phone, because I had pandora on my phone and it had never done anything like that...yea sometimes when my signal wasn't strong it would lag but other than that i would not freeze up my phone.
    05-20-09 12:52 PM
    Well that is weird that pandora has done that to your phone, because I had pandora on my phone and it had never done anything like that...yea sometimes when my signal wasn't strong it would lag but other than that i would not freeze up my phone.
    Yup it is not listed in DM. Im just gonna do a restore. I got a missed call icon that wont go away either for a week or so and just been putting off doing that so now is good a time as any. Thanks for your help.
    05-20-09 12:58 PM
    Sorry I wasn't much help but doing a restore is a good idea! Hope everything gets worked out!
    05-20-09 01:02 PM
    Sorry I wasn't much help but doing a restore is a good idea! Hope everything gets worked out!
    No problem at all, I appreciate the effort and learned how to check my memory so twas not in vain
    05-20-09 01:05 PM
    Blackberry World is the app that was doing this to me. It doesn't happen every time I use Blackberry World, but often enough where it is an annoyance. It makes the phone unusable until I do alt-rt shift-del to restart the thing.
    05-20-09 01:21 PM
    Thanks I will check it out. I see in another thread someone posted about having the same issue and a reply to it was that it was widely noted that the facebook app can cause this issue. I forgot I have the facebook app so I am going to uninstall that and see what happens.
    05-21-09 07:32 AM
    Oh yea take that facebook app off and I'm sure your phone will be running much better! Facebook is a memory hog, but it's very weird that you have very high memory!
    05-21-09 07:58 AM
    Removed facebook app and everything is working A-OK now! Thanks for the help everyone!
    05-21-09 09:15 AM
    Now try and load Pandora and I'm sure you won't have that same problem anymore since facebook is gone. The only problem I ever had with it was when my service was low the music would stop sometimes.
    05-21-09 10:32 AM
    true. I am sure it will work fine.

Trouble is, I somehow lost my browser??? WTF haha It isnt listed on the device but when I go to switch application it is listed "Browser" but when I select it it just sits at the "Blackberry" load screen and never loads home page.

Thinking maybe it didnt lock and I may have miraculously deleted it while it was in my pocket.... How do I get it back?? I tried restoring and that didnt work.
    05-21-09 10:39 AM
    No you haven't deleted it! When on homescreen with all your icons press your BB button and hit show all.
    05-21-09 10:42 AM
    Yeah, I do that and I truly do not find the icon anywhere. When I go to switch application, the browser does not open all the way, it just stays at the white screen with Blackberry on it, never loads past it. When I check the Default Browser Configuration screen it is just blank. However, Browser 4.3.0 is listed in my application list. Man, this facebook app really messed me up!

Doing a battery pull right now....
    05-21-09 10:49 AM
    What OS are you running?
    05-21-09 10:50 AM
    What OS are you running?
    Everything marked RIM in my app list shows 4.3 so I guess that is the OS version?

Bat pull did not resolve.
    05-21-09 10:54 AM
    Alright I myself am still running 4.3 and haven't came across these problems. I would recommend that you update your OS and I think the problems would be resolved.
    05-21-09 10:57 AM
    Just got it! Re-registered all my services and everything is working fine now. Man what an ordeal.

Thanks for the help thinkamp - YOU ROCK!
    05-21-09 11:18 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD