This is probably a stupid question - but, I'm curious and I can't seem to find it on my own (guess I'm just dumb like that)... so, I thought I'd ask.

How can I find out my current application memory? I had read that I could find it by going to options -> memory (or application memory). Maybe I'm being dense (or maybe Mother's Day has finally gotten to me), but I don't have either Memory or Application Memory under my options menu.

M
    05-10-09 05:39 PM
    Do you mean file free? options/status. Or you can hold the alt key+the left shift key and hit "h".
    05-10-09 05:46 PM
    Yes, I can get the File Free from options status or alt key+left shift+"h". But, it is my understanding (and, perhaps I'm just a big doofus!) that you can also ascertain the amount of application 'memory' (as opposed to physical space on your device) - I just can't, for the life of me, figure out how.

I've seen reference to other people getting this information via option -> memory (or application memory) - but, that doesn't appear as an option for me.

Am I searching for something that doesn't exist??? lol
    05-10-09 05:48 PM
    I think the option your looking for doesn't exist on the curve. You have to check your file free. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the number your looking for just spread out. Applications like QuickLaunch tell you your free memory in the style of 38.5 mb or something like that. Files free is basically the same thing just gotta move the decimal points.

Again I could be wrong but that's my thought on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 07:10 PM
    I believe she is asking how much space only her applications its taking up and not her media. I'm assuming you dont use a MicroSD card because if you did you would more then likely add you media to the card and free up space for more apps.

I've never known a way to find out how much space your apps are taking up besides from simply adding up the kb's from your application list under advanced options.
    05-10-09 07:18 PM
    Thank you! I wouldn't dream of saying that you're wrong (b/c I'm certian that you probably know more than me about the BB).

I was thinking of (and, again, based on your explanation I'm sure I was incorrect in my thinking) of 'files free' as being physical space, not 'memory' as related to the cacheing, etc. of applications ...

Thanks, to the both of you, for your responses!!!
    05-10-09 07:23 PM
    No problem, Once you get below 15 or so you should search through crackberry for "Memory Optimization" and other ways of freeing up space on your phone. Tons of great memory threads here on crackberry.
    05-10-09 07:40 PM
    Your Curve, an 8330,
    has 96Mb of Ram memory.
    The file free is what isn't currently being used to support apps or other things, such as messages, call logs, etc
    Regarding media cards for pics, ringtones and videos, ti find your space used and what's available, that would be Options>Media Card.

Newer devices have their larger memory 'parceled' for various functions, as I have recently learned. Their memory isn't just lumped in one category, as is the Curve's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 07:48 PM
    Thanks, guys! Yes, I actually meant device memory (or as it turns out 'file free' space), as opposed to media card info (which I was, in fact, able to find - and, do have all media saved to).

Thanks, again, for the responses! You guys are great! I really appreciate it!

M
    05-10-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD