so i got a curve 8330 from verizon today and i had a few apps, ringtones, wallpapers, etc downloaded so i could put them on when i got my phone. i go into application loader (which i assume is the method of transferring at least the apps) but when i try to pick a *.ali or *.alx file (or whatever they are) it says "No additional applications designed for your device were found." so it doesnt let me install anything, but i can see the apps already on it. for example i tried to copy BBweather and it wouldnt work, but when i did OTA install i could see it in the loader and delete it, but jsut not install anything... any ideas?
    06-16-08 04:39 PM
    Im sure you are using Desktop manager as i see you mentioned the application loader feature but have you also downloaded the Device OS to your pc? (someone correct me if i am wrong) but i beleive you need to download your device OS to your PC in order to do some changes... also i beleive the files you want to upload are .jad
    06-16-08 04:42 PM
    You have to install the 8330 OS on your computer. Download it from BlackBerry® Software Updates Then try try your installs.
    06-16-08 04:43 PM
    thanks, i just downloaded the newest version of the desktop software by clicking the link on the CD and i never saw anything about an OS needed. i'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
    06-16-08 04:58 PM
    yup, worked like a charm, thanks again =)
    06-16-08 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD