Application Loader Unable to Connect With Device
12-11-16 10:21 PM
- So, I tried to load the new OS onto a Blackberry I just ordered on-line last night. My old one busted, and it was out of warranty so I got this new one to replace it. During the upgrade process, during the stage "Waiting for Device Initialization" I keep getting the error, "Application Loader Unable to Connect with device." The screen, since I tried the first time, has been completely blank, and the red light keeps flashing on and off. I have tried all of the steps from an earlier thread called "Unable to connect to device," and I posted there first.
Does anyone have any info that might be able to help me?11-23-09 09:20 AM
- It sounds like you have a bricked berry. I would give this a shot, and see what happens.
http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry11-23-09 12:20 PM
- I have tried this, and it still trips up during authentication. I can get the process to start, but always during authentication I am told the the loader cannot connect to the blackberry.
I should probably add that at the end of it all, I get the message "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage operation." So, I apparently am able to connect initially, but then during authentication the Blackberry throws itself back into the reboot cycle (maybe?).
Last edited by AnomolousMatter; 11-23-09 at 06:31 PM.11-23-09 06:05 PM
- I've had this problem on a few storms that I worked on. One of them I caused to happen by accidentally pulling the cable out during the upgrade process. I have not found a solution and don't believe there is one to be completely honest. Did a few days worth of research plus tried everything I could think of. I would probably check with the place you ordered it from if you can't get a replacement.
But, I'm not a genius so I could be wrong and someone out there might know how to fix it.05-26-10 07:04 AM
- I just kept hitting retry as I was reading this post and then linked over to how to restore a bricked blackberry and after about the 25th time hitting retry, it loaded the OS on the storm 9530. Interesting....I know this is an old post but did anyone have anything similar happen?08-27-10 01:49 PM
- For what it is worth, I have found that if you switch between BBSAK load OS and the AppLoader in the OS computer file that sometimes what was undoable may become doable. Also might try to wipe the device again. I use BBSAK to both wipe the device and load the OS. It is pretty simple and not many confusing options.08-27-10 02:06 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-19-11 02:11 PM
- Try connecting your BB to your PC via USB cable and open Desktop Manager. It will say it is unable to connect or detect your BB but eventually it will say that it will attempt to load the device OS. Select OK and let it do its thing. This has worked in the past when AppLoader, BBSAK, and other programs could not detect a wiped BB. Post back if this works for you.04-20-11 10:30 AM
- @jbarbero Still not working... i open the DM pop-up comes up saying the phone is not connected and you have 3 choices, RETRY, UPDATE and CANCEL. Retry does nothing, Update does not continue in the middle of the process. then i hit cancel, but you can see on DM that my BB was detected why is that?04-20-11 12:53 PM
- @jbarbero Still not working... i open the DM pop-up comes up saying the phone is not connected and you have 3 choices, RETRY, UPDATE and CANCEL. Retry does nothing, Update does not continue in the middle of the process. then i hit cancel, but you can see on DM that my BB was detected why is that?
Edit: Have you tried using BBSAK (dwnld @ bbsak.org) to load the OS? It might be worth a shot.
Last edited by jbarbero; 04-20-11 at 01:05 PM.04-20-11 12:58 PM
I too have the same problem with an 8310... If left it just cycles through the reboot cycle.... I can start the OS load process with Apploader but it fails when trying to reconnect to the JVM (i.e. when the device reboots) and I get the same message that Apploader can't connect....
I've tried to wipe it with JL Commander, but I can't get it to connect, and I can't get BBSAK to connect either....
Is it really possible to get a Blackberry to the point that it can't be recovered? Is there anything else that I can try?
Thanks05-05-11 11:46 AM
- My Bold 9900 had this problem too. I kept clicking retry and retry but it didn't go through. So I searched around the internet and found a very intriguing method to overcome the problem when it comes to the "Reconnecting to JVM". I tried the method just once and voila! The error didn't pop out, the installation went on smoothly and I successfully managed to load my OS!
Here are the steps:
1) Make sure the battery is fully charged.
2) Pull out the battery from the blackberry.
3) Open up loader.exe
4) Connect the USB cord to your blackberry and press next when the "USB-PIN: ###" appears.
5) Choose the applications that you want to install as usual.
6) Then click finish and the loader will begin installing.
7) When it comes to the part where the loader says "Reconnecting to JVM", quickly put in the battery back into your blackberry.
8) If done right the installation will continue on as usual.
Hopefully this helps because it works for me03-14-12 11:10 AM
- 08-20-12 12:35 PM
- I realized, while searching for solutions to my own little Blackberry problem, that many people are having trouble getting past the Reconnecting to JVM step, or recieving the Failed at the Multi-Stage Operation error, I too was caught in this loop and this is how I managed to fix it:
Things I'd already tried:
Wiping with JL_cmder (refused to connect)
Attempted to wipe with BBSAK (again refused to connect)
Reloading OS with BDM (failed)
Reloading OS with Loader.exe (Reconnecting to JVM loop)
Wiping with MFI (refused to connect)
Starting loader from CMD with /nojvm (nothing happened)
Things you should do before starting this process:
Download and install BDM
Download and Install the OS Loader of your choice
Delete the vendor.xml file
Warning: This method worked perfectly (thrice) on my BB 8320, not sure about other models...
Remove the battery from your BB
Connect your battery-less BB through USB
Hit Next all throughout, until it says erasing applications
Wait until the Reconnecting to JVM apears and reinsert your battery
If this doesn't work, take out your battery and wait for 5 seconds before reinserting it again
Wait for 10 seconds after reinserting your battery
Repeat this process until the 507 error comes up on your screen
THE HARDEST PART IS OVER!!!!
Close the Loader, either by killing the process or hitting Cancel
IMPORTANT: Open JL_cmder and wipe your phone, should connect no problem!
Restart the loader process, and it will successfully finish
CONGRATULATIONS you have unbricked your bricked BB
Continue to restore settings etc. etc.
Hopes this helps! Feel free to PM me with any questions etc.
*Edit: I forgot to specify the problem! My BB was completely dead, black screen, if I connected it to the charger or USB, the red LED would co
me for about 5 seconds and then go, nothing would happen after that. If I connected with the battery out the No Battery sign would appear on the screen until I insert the battery or unplug it...The above solution fixed it perfectly (thrice)!
http://forums.crackberry.com/general...m-step-743346/09-05-12 04:42 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 83xx
Application Loader Unable to Connect With Device
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD