I just bought my 8320 via Tmobile. I've been following some advice from the treads here, and found this problem after installing the software via the disk provided with the phone:

Everything in my Desktop Manager works except the Application Loader. After I click "next" after double-clicking the AL icon, I get the following message:

The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact you wireless service provider or system administrator.

The Desktop Manager version is 4.2.2.14.

Did they actually give me the wrong software? Do I have to download to ver 4.2.2.338?
    08-02-08 04:24 PM
    If you are trying to upgrade, yes you need to install on the computer first. usually each carrier has a site to D/L the software from
    08-02-08 04:29 PM
    I'm just trying to use application loader to remove some of the apps, to free up memory.
    08-02-08 04:33 PM
    In order to use it,then you need to install the current O/S on your computer.
    08-02-08 04:36 PM
    See my post in the FAQ. You need DM installed, AND the OS package for your handheld. Pretty much exactly like it said. The OS is not provided on the CD. It's available for download.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD