I downloaded Vlingo and I was not happy with it at all so I deleted it through the options-> advanced options->applications. Now i still have the vlingo icon on my home screen and my left side key does lock my keyboard but the vlingo sound thing keeps popping up...How do I completely remove this application!

I heard about desktop managing it but I am not sure how to do that, and I don't have any software to load on to my computer.
    10-21-09 05:11 PM
    If you go to the BlackBerry website, you can find the Desktop Manager software there.
    Once you have it downloaded and installed, connect your BB to your computer, and open DM.
    There is an icon there that will say Manage Applications.
    It will create a list of all the apps you have on your phone.
    You can uncheck Vlingo, and select next.
    Then, hit okay (I think that is what the button is) and it will complete it for you.
    Be sure not to disconnect your BB if DM is ever doing anything to it.
    It will restart and such, but this is normal.
    Hope I helped!
    10-21-09 05:14 PM
    how do you know when it is safe to disconnect the blackberry?
    10-21-09 05:41 PM
    So I've downloaded the DM and Vlingo does not show up under the applications but it's ghost is still on my phone! What now?!
    10-21-09 05:46 PM
    Back up the things you need, reformat it.
    10-21-09 05:51 PM
    Download and install BBSAK to your PC, do a "read" of your phone, and then remove the files associated with vliingo.

I had to do this to get rid of 6 files from weatherbug that wanted to hang around after deleting the app thru the phone. Deleted them just fine.
    10-21-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD