I am brand new to BB (like yesterday) and I am already loving it. I was having trouble getting my AOL Sent folder to synch properly. Incoming Messages would appear on my phone and in my aol inbox (online) but when i responded to or sent an email through my aol account on my phone, those sent emails would not appear in my "sent" folder when i logged into aol.com

I called blackberry and their CS rep's response was "thats just the way it is...i have that problem too and i deal with it." My girlfriend confirmed that she too had this problem with yahoo mail. However, It was important for me to be able to see the messages that i have sent so this answer was not good enough for me.

She suggested that i log into the sprint.blackberry.com BlackBerry Internet Service and use the BIS to set up my email account again....which i did...and still no emails sent from my phone appeared in my sent folder online (aol.com). However i stumbled onto a solution purely by accident here is how:

.5) Make sure that you have your aol unified inbox set up. You will have to do a google search for this web site as i don't have 10 posts yet so i can not include links in my Thread.
    1)Log into sprint.blackberry.com
    2) Click on Set Up Account
    3) Enter an invalid email address at a legitimate domain. I work at a university so i entered [email protected] (where "abcde" represents the name of the university at which i work)
    4) enter 12345 as password
    5) Confirm 12345 as password
    6) Click Next
    7) Select "I will provide settings for this email account"
    8) Click next
    9) Click "this is a work email account"
    10) Click Next
    11) Select "I will provide the settings to add this email account"
    12) Click Next
    13) Enter your Aol user name (do not include "@aol.com")
    14) Enter your password
    15) enter imap.aol.com for your email server
    16) enter your full email address (including @aol.com)
    17) Click Next
    18) Click accept

That should work. I am assuming that there is an easier way to do this however this method worked for me. It was the only way i could enter IMAP.AOL.COM into the server settings. When you use BIS to set up an AOL account it uses default settings that do not permit you to utilize the aol IMAP feature. Using IMAP server will allow you to view your sent messages online (aol.com) as well as on your BB phone.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Best of luck.
    06-05-08 01:27 AM
    Nice guide. I'd use it if my AOL account wasn't set up to receive all the spam I get from doing free rewards programs (like the one in my sig).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD