referring to my log (ALT-LGLG)... anyway to clear it automatically or at least stop it from logging? TIA
    07-06-08 07:30 AM
    Get a pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 08:08 AM
    click menu and options, then deselect everything.
    07-06-08 09:01 AM
    click menu and options, then deselect everything.
    Isn't the purpose of the log to help diagnose problems? I'd hate to do this if eventually I needed a set of log entries.

07-06-08 09:11 AM
    Isn't the purpose of the log to help diagnose problems? I'd hate to do this if eventually I needed a set of log entries.

yes.

but can you solve an issue based on a warning in the log? or do you just do a hard reset instead, or wipe the OS? or uninstall/reinstall offending apps?

generally, the only people who use the log are developers, BES managers, and beta testers. you wont see your Centennial sales rep or tech using the log for anything... if they even know it exists in the first place.
    07-06-08 09:39 AM
    Ok, if no techs will ever need it, I'll try the Deselect everything option.

07-06-08 11:42 AM
    cool... thanks everyone appreciate the help. let the "de-selection begin..." lol
    07-06-08 11:38 PM
    Out of curiousity is there any way of knowing how much space that log uses and does the OS retain entries forever or does at some point or other clean up that log?

07-07-08 12:05 AM
    I didn't know this existed. I reinstalled my os about 3 months ago. Clearing the log freed up 77k and change of memory *shrugs*

07-07-08 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD