I changed my housing last night, and by the way, its probably the 10th time i've done it without a problem, but on or about the 10th time i changed my housing...the headset stopped working on me. I confirmed the headset was working by plugging into my laptop but it the curve wont recognize it at all when i plug it in. I went to "test" in status screen to do a headset plug/unplug test and it's not recognizing it. I thought i had damaged a pin on the midplate somewhere so i got a replacement midplate to use and i was hoping that would do the trick but still nothing. I've taken the phone apart and looking for anything loose around the connector and it seems to be tight and untouched, the charging port work, so ive limited it down to just the headset jack...any techie's have an idea of what to do here? or is there nothing you can do but get a replacement? I use bluetooth a lot, but for times when my bluetooth is dead i like the convenience of a wired port for music and phone, so its a real bummer...any ideas?
    05-29-09 11:14 PM
    i have the same problem. I changed my housing and now the headset jack doesn't work anymore. I put the original housing back on, still not working.

Everything seems to be connected just fine inside so I have no idea whats wrong.
    05-30-09 05:44 AM
    Me too. Good thing I don't use it. I changed froma Verizon silver to black and no...nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 07:56 AM
    I have the same problem blacked mine out and not it does not work.. O well

05-30-09 12:21 PM
    Same here...
    05-30-09 12:28 PM
    Mine works intermittantly... *sigh* its a known issue. I just listen via bluetooth. I'm not willing to go refurb for a headset.
    05-30-09 01:01 PM
    Yeah well what sucks is that none of my bluetooth headsets can be used to listen to music on the phone so the media player aspect is gone and now useless. Sucks

05-30-09 02:05 PM
    I'm surprised more people don't have this issue. The headset jack is very important for me and it sucks that changing housing can do this bc even if I get a refurb. Ill change the housing on that too. And eventually this one will die. Does anyone know if a regular bluetooth headset will work or does it have to be a stereo bluetooth headset. Could it just be a connector on the housing that is not touching something ? I can't see why this would stop working

05-31-09 11:33 PM
    Yup, mine died fwhen I changed my housing too, hope someone comes in with some solution, I don't wanna get a whole new (well refurb'd) phone and have to go through all that crap to get apps (especially paid ones) swapped over. I do miss Slacker & sprint TV though...
    06-01-09 10:35 AM
    I don't think there is a resolution and I don't think anyone went through the trouble of fixing it since its connected to the main board. People just end up replacing it. Its just funny to me that I changed the housing on my phone about ten times and the tenth time made it stop working. So even if I get the refurb. It will eventually break again because I hate the silver black oem housig and I'm more into ninja black or all white or dark blue. Etc. So I guess its refurb or not headset jack. And it really sux for me cause I used the headset for a total of like ten hours a day. So now no more music or audio books which was a huge plus for me

06-04-09 12:32 AM
    Changed my housing last night. I had read about people having issues with the headset jack so I was careful, didnt force anything and patient. Tried the jack immediately afterwards and nothing...completely dead. I'm pretty bummed cause I definately use it in the car etc...
    06-05-09 08:15 AM
    i'm just curious if anyone here used one of those face removal tools that you slide down the side of the face to help remove it? i'm thinking maybe it goes in a bit too far and hits something along the way that may cause the problem...
    06-05-09 08:22 PM
    i'm just curious if anyone here used one of those face removal tools that you slide down the side of the face to help remove it? i'm thinking maybe it goes in a bit too far and hits something along the way that may cause the problem...

yes, i use that green plastic tool..it came with one of the housings i got...actually i think they came with a few of the housings. I've figured out a few more things about the issue. WHen you go into options status and type test, and do a headset test , it does not register when you plug/unplug the headset. It wants you to unplug the headset and each time you do, it would show a registered entry or unplug, well mine doesnt...

but when i hook mine up to my car and plug my aux cable into it, and i jack up the sound on my car stereo, i hear the faintest faintest sound when i dial 611. almost completely audible if i crank my volume on my car stereo up to 100%. This would go un noticed if you tried to listen in on the headset since the phone's amp can not go that loud..so the jack is in fact working, but working at 1% out of 100% and the test shows no registry when you plug/unplug the jack. sux either way
    06-05-09 10:35 PM
    Mine doesn't work, broke the first time I changed my housing but I don't use it so I could care less

06-05-09 11:49 PM
    Same here. Stopped wofrking when I went from red to pink. Sucks. But if I get a replacement, I'll change it again. Becky Mae is the girl on CB that paints housings and resells them. Maybe she knows something about this issue.

06-05-09 11:59 PM
    I guess the issue is really not affecting people sine it seems most people don't use their headset jack. Ill have to do a phone claim I guess and pay the 50 for insurance

06-08-09 11:38 PM
    I changed my housing for the 1st time, today. I had to take it apart many times though because of things not fitting right or dust on the screens...luckily I didn't run into that problem though. I'm really surprised. I used the green tool too and replaced the side things. I mustve taken the phone apart about 10 times today to get it right.

06-09-09 01:12 AM
    I never modified anything with my 8330 and the jack worked intermittently. Seems to work after taking the battery out and putting it back in, but stops working later in the day. The longer I had it, the worse it got. Recently got a new phone (insurance replacement) and jack works great... for now.
    06-09-09 01:19 AM
    If anyone ever comes across a solution to this problem please post or at least how to change out the headset jack.
    06-09-09 10:45 PM
    yeah, unfortunately, there is no solution, since the jack is soldered to the board, there is no much DYI work that can be done to fix or remedy this. You can bring it to verizon to see if they'll give you a new one, or you can file an insurance claim. I for one, have learned my lesson and am filing an insurance claim, i'll get the new phone and WILL NEVER change my housing...i'll just put skins on it, because that headset jack is wayyy to important for me.
    06-26-09 12:17 PM
    I'm one the same boat my jack went wack!

01-04-10 07:23 PM
    No replacement of housing done here. Yesterday just quit on me. Thought it was just me messing around with settings or maybe an app that I downloaded and did something. Guess have to take it in since I use it, a lot.....

04-02-10 12:37 AM
    Same problem here, didn't happen the first time I changed the housing, but the 3rd or 4th time it did. Still no fixes?
    04-06-10 06:53 PM
    I was told by another poster that the headphone jack might have moved a bit and needs resodering. It could be but I am little skeptic of this because the jack feels really rigid. I think another possibility to the malfunctioning headjack might be a wire that is in an area easily tripped over while doing the face plate change. I went back looking for it but didn't really see anything.

04-06-10 07:52 PM
    mine is workign fine. i dropped it from a flight of stairs :/
    04-06-10 07:52 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD