Looks like the Sprint Curves, here's mine in it's pod:

07-14-08 02:18 AM
    So the real question is where an I get that black lcd boarder. And the black menu, escape, call, and end buttons?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 02:35 AM
    So the real question is where an I get that black lcd boarder. And the black menu, escape, call, and end buttons?

Ditch T-mobile.
    07-14-08 02:36 AM
    I love tmo man. Plus I just started a fresh 2 year contract

07-14-08 02:46 AM
    Looks like the Sprint Curves, here's mine in it's pod:

Ooohh I love that look. I would soooo do that to my Curve if I wasn't waiting for the Bold.

Unless there's a market for modded Curves?
    07-14-08 03:17 AM
    I have yet to find the escape and menu keys in black. Can anyone provide a link?
    07-14-08 11:43 AM
    I would love to see this pic of the Blue backlit keyboard!

I have seen them done before, but if you could post pics of how you did it, that would be amazing

And what did you use to color it? A color gel or something?
    07-14-08 02:30 PM
    The black keyboard I received from cnn did not have the slits cut above, below and between each key like the original one did. When you depressed one key the adjacent ones wanted to move down with it also and in turn made for some accidental key presses pretty often. It also didn't have the nice audible click to each keystroke because the keys weren't going as deep into the kb bed as the original also.
    This, exactly. It was by no means "all in my head," regardless of what was stated in a previous post. I switched back to the original keyboard and everything's perfect now. With the keyboard that I ordered from cnn.cn, the difference was very obvious and made typing on the phone extremely frustrating.
    Last edited by Blueline29; 07-15-08 at 11:16 AM.
    07-15-08 11:13 AM
    Well...could we get some more feedback regarding the cnn keyboard? There seems to be alot of mixed reviews here..
    07-15-08 03:15 PM
    i made a thread about this last week too-

so i did this and the keyboard works really good, almost if not the same as the one that came with the bb. only problem was that the process of taking apart the phone. i didn't have the tool/opener the guy had in the video to take the phone in half, so i had to use my nails which was a #$%^. Overall, it was worth it
    07-21-08 01:47 AM
    Thanks for the info and, i should have mine here in the next day or so.
    07-21-08 12:37 PM
    Thanks for the info and, i should have mine here in the next day or so.
    Remember to post pics
    07-21-08 03:41 PM
    Oh i will for sure.
    07-21-08 06:00 PM
    Could you possible post pictures of the install process? I am considering doing this and I would like to see the process, step-by-step. And what do you plan on using to color the new kaypad LED? Or are you just swapping out the keypad?!

Either way, pics would be amazing!!
    07-22-08 10:25 AM
    Could you possible post pictures of the install process? I am considering doing this and I would like to see the process, step-by-step. And what do you plan on using to color the new kaypad LED? Or are you just swapping out the keypad?!

Either way, pics would be amazing!!
    Yeah man, i should be switching it out tonight after work. Ill be sure to make a post showing how i took everything apart. And i dont have any plans to color the keyboard led or trackball led. I switch between a blue skin and a red skin all the time so i couldnt come up with a color that would work all the time.
    Last edited by shorynot; 07-23-08 at 02:13 PM.
    07-23-08 02:10 PM
    Yeah man, i should be switching it out tonight after work. Ill be sure to make a post showing how i took everything apart. And i dont have any plans to color the keyboard led or trackball led. I switch between a blue skin and a red skin all the time so i couldnt come up with a color that would work all the time.
    Okay!!

If you make it detailed and detail the entire process professionally, including StepByStep pics, I am sure you could make a nice guide. Then PM Kevin and request a move to the HowTo section!! (originally post it in the BB Discussion or something!)

And please send me a PM with the link to your thread as soon as you post it!! It would probably help to pay special detail to minor things that people may have questions about. Tools used, steps taken, parts ordered... (pics of all those... and each step )

You could have one killer guide when all of this is done! And take pics of the LED light for those who may want to mod theirs, even though you are not!

And, to help you this evening : http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-guide-54485/

Anxious for you to post the URL with pics!!
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 07-23-08 at 02:37 PM.
    07-23-08 02:31 PM
    Not to downplay his process but I'm just not seeing the big deal about switching out the keyboard.

If you watch or follow any of the guides to replace your face plate, the keyboard just falls out in that process anyhow.
    07-23-08 09:32 PM
    Not to downplay his process but I'm just not seeing the big deal about switching out the keyboard.

If you watch or follow any of the guides to replace your face plate, the keyboard just falls out in that process anyhow.
    Yeah, but it is different to actually do it than watch a video (for one)...

And there is no picture by picture, step by step guide for swapping out a keypad on CrackBerry!! Great opportunity to get one posted!!

Have you seen when the keypad leds are colored... that is neat!!

(he is not doing that... but the LEDs will be exposed during the process... so he is going to show those as well... )
    07-23-08 10:11 PM
    I have a question for anyone who took apart there bb I have a 8310 and i went to put it back together and I cannot get it flush on the sides. Any suggestions on how to get it put back together?
    07-27-08 11:51 AM
    I'm willing to bet you broke one of the little square tabs that clip into place or you just haven't pushed hard enough to clip them back.

You have to make sure you get those tabs in the right place when you push the faceplate back down and then you have to push pretty hard to clip them back in place. Is it up on both sides still? Towards the top or the bottom?
    07-27-08 12:06 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD