Yeah, used the promo code and have the $0.00 invoice. But my card was charged $10 bucks.
    I don't think I even put in a card number....weird.
    12-28-08 08:49 PM
    Its a cool program on some days but on other days it can be an extremely annoying app. I have had it lock up my curve a few times. I don't know though, its a hit or miss type app. I can definitely do without it but I tend to like it since i already purchased it lol
    12-28-08 08:49 PM
    Why did you have to give a card number? I dont recall having to do that.
    I was wondering the same thing. I didn't have to give any CC information.

I'm in the same boat as the rest. I'm glad it was free because it does not seem to be very beneficial.
    12-28-08 08:50 PM
    I don't like they charged me $10 for the FREE Alerts on 12/24. Sent emails, we'll see if they correct it.
    Lol. That effects a bunch of us that bought the app(prior to the lowered $2.50 price) were waiting on certain issues to be resolved as mentioned in the another thread. But, I'll keep the app for now.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-28-08 at 09:18 PM.
    12-28-08 09:16 PM
    Even if the popup is present your screen timeout still works according to
    your defined settings, so the effect on your battery is negligible.
    I agree. This was a non-issue with regarding the app.
    12-28-08 09:20 PM
    After hearing reports of adverse effects (as opposed just general uselessness), I decided to remove mine as well.

On the surface you would think that giving away free copies of an app would do great things for the publisher and the popularity of the app. Unfortunately it seems to have backfired on them, as people who would have never tried the app have now installed it and are reporting that it is useless, or worse... causing problems with their Blackberries.

I'm not saying that there aren't any users who can benefit from this app, just that this free offer gave it a lot of exposure to an entirely different group that has no appreciation for it.
    12-28-08 10:32 PM
    I have it...I don't really care for it all that much. Its really caused havoc on my berry. I put a thread up in here, asking for help, but no one really seemed to know.

Although I see a few people mention that it causes everything to run slower...I couldn't agree more. Mine keeps freezing and going to an all white screen and won't work unless I move the roller ball around.

The alerting is nice, but I guess for me...the LED was enough to grab my attention; that or my ringtone for different messages.
    12-28-08 11:06 PM
    Being one of those people that does not check my phone every time
    it makes a sound or just because it is the thing to do, I like this
    app quite a lot. I have not experienced any slow-downs, battery
    drain or negative effect on my memory. It works as advertised and
    works very very well.
    12-28-08 11:13 PM
    Was having trouble with my phone rebooting. Deleted Aerize and reboots stopped. Just reloaded it with the latest version and the reboots started again so I removed it. Also noticed battery life dropped with it installed, don't know why.
    01-05-09 06:09 PM
    This thread made me realize that Aerize was slowing my phone down and making it annoying to clear off the alerts, so goodbye for now!
    01-05-09 06:28 PM
    I dont like the pop up when I am typing a message but its kinda cool.
    01-05-09 06:30 PM
    Had it running for about a week, then decided I really didnt see the benefit. Still have it on my phone, but currently disabled.
    01-05-09 06:36 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD