If so, are the selections available a pretty good range of music or is there more of one kind than any other? Is it worth the money every month? Any opinions are welcome.
    02-14-08 02:15 PM
    It is weird you asked this because just yesterday I subscribed (it was my 3 day free trial). I thought it was pretty neat, but if you don't listen to the radio that much, I don't think it would be worth it. BUT, if you are a music freak and like to listen alot, it definitely comes in handy! See if your subscriber will give you a free trial so you can check it out.
    02-14-08 02:24 PM
    If you are already an XM subscriber with a car receiver, can you log in with your web login for this?

What application are you using for this, by the way?
    02-14-08 11:26 PM
    If you are already an XM subscriber with a car receiver, can you log in with your web login for this?

What application are you using for this, by the way?
    I was wondering this same thing. I have been an XM subscriber for years!
    02-15-08 07:54 AM
    Back to the original question, I have XM from AT&T. I think its awesome for many reasons.

First, great quality and i can plug in my headphones and listen to it like iPod.

Second, I can use the same cord I use for my iPod in my car, and plug it in to the headset port on my BB, and voila....I have XM Radio.

Overall, if you use it a lot i say its worth it. Great music on it, and there is a pretty good selection.
    02-15-08 10:36 AM
    Back to the original question, I have XM from AT&T. I think its awesome for many reasons.

First, great quality and i can plug in my headphones and listen to it like iPod.

Second, I can use the same cord I use for my iPod in my car, and plug it in to the headset port on my BB, and voila....I have XM Radio.

Overall, if you use it a lot i say its worth it. Great music on it, and there is a pretty good selection.
    Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. I think I'll give the 3 day trial a shot.
    02-15-08 03:10 PM
    I am streaming XM (you have to be a current XM subscriber and have an online account) on my 8100 with the following on my 'always on' PC: Winamp, shoutcast server (2 downloads: 'be a DJ' link and 'be a server' link), uXM server (millardsoftware): these all run in the background and stay on as long as the PC is not off or on standby. RadioBee version 1.1 (not the new version; I can't download that for some reason) on my Pearl locates the stream on my PC. The basics are here: blackberryforums.pinstack.com/15807-stream_any_audio_to_your_pearl_asx_files_wma_s_any thing-2.html

You log onto uXM server, copy the mms address from within uXM ('URLs' button to right, select low bandwidth) and paste it into Winamp file menu: 'Play URL...'. I had to configure my home PC dsl router to open ports 8000 and 8001, and edit (in Radiobee) a preloaded station to point to my home PC IP address. I can even remotely 'change the channel' with RDM+ (on the 8100) changing (on my PC) the saved bookmarks (different XM stations) of Winamp.

Wish I could post the URLs but the spam police here won't let me...Any questions post here or email me at [email protected]
    02-15-08 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD