This is the strangest thing. On my previous Curve, I downloaded MobiPocket Reader and was able to use it right away and never had any problems. During the time I had an At&t Tilt I was also able to use it without a hitch. Having come to like the app, I downloaded it to my new Curve tonight, only it won't let me access the bookstore.

One of two things happen:

1. I will choose either eBookstore, or My Account and it will start to load, it gets to 40% and stops, then it tells me that the server timed out. If I exit the program and try again, it starts out at 40% and almost instantly tells me it timed out.

2. I will start the same as above, only it will load to 40% and then it will open the menu and ask me which bookstore I want, I choose the MobiPocket bookstore and it goes back to the loading screen and instantly tells me it timed out.

I followed the "help" recommended fix given by MobiPocket and deleted my IPPP for 5 Click service book, then re-registered with the wireless network. All that did was remove my "Personal Email Set Up" icon, but did not fix the problem. I like having instant access to my BIS page from the device, so I just resent my service books and got my icon back, I figured that wasn't the problem since the fix followed by a battery pull didn't help.

I checked the TCP settings page and everything seems in order. It is currently listed as:
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: [email protected]
    Password for APN: ******* (I didn't set this password, and I have no idea what it is, so I don't want to mess with it)

All my other internet/email/mms functions work fine, and I can browse using both the BlackBerry Browser as well as the MEdia Net Browser, so I am hesitant to really mess with much more settings wise.

I also tried connecting to the bookstore with the BB Browser set as default, and the MEdia Net Browser set as default, neither worked. Finally, I manually set every possible permission to ALLOW.

Ok, the rundown:
    1. I have done a few battery pulls
    2. I followed the MobiPocket recommended fix
    3. I have tried both browsers as default
    4. I have opened all permissions
    5. I have resent service books, and I have re-registered with the network
    6. All other internet/mail/mms features work fine

So, anyone have any ideas? Maybe their service is just down?
    04-06-08 02:34 AM
    I have the Tmobile Pearl 8100 and I get the same problem from the 6.0.0.67 version.

Edit: I downloaded the 6.0.0.69 version and it still won't connect to the eBookstore or My Account.
    Last edited by ramgarden; 04-30-08 at 10:50 AM.
    04-09-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD