I haven't seen the OS on the stickies and I've been running it for a month or two, I'm with sprint.

BlackBerry� 8330
    smartphone (CDMA)
    v4.5.0.186 (Platform 3.4.0.59)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.32a
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.0
    Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
    www.blackberry.com
    Copyright � 1997-2008
    Research In Motion Limited.
    All rights reserved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 04:05 PM
    I'm running 4.5.0.186!! Watcha wanna know?? I haven't any issues with mine.

05-02-10 04:12 PM
    Stickied thread probably hasn't been removed/updated because 5.0 is out...

The radio file that came with .186 still caused chirping on my VZW 8330 so I replaced it with the file from .131. Other than that, it seems pretty stable which is good (last OS update before I finally ditch the BB for a Droid).
    05-02-10 04:30 PM
    No I don't have any issues, I am quite happy with it. I was just curious if it was a public release or if I was a unknowing guinea pig or somethin. Thanks for letting me know I'm not

Another person jumpin ship for the droid, tsk tsk tsk lol

05-02-10 05:21 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I just upgraded my Curve to .186 over the weekend. No problems to report as of yet. I'm hoping it cures my "chirping" problem.
    05-02-10 05:29 PM
    You guys are all slackin hard!
    Get the nathanix V7 hybrid at Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home of the Hybrids
    Under 5 minute boots, threaded sms, no chirp, super stable and fast and best of all its 5.0!
    I highly recommended it over any other srock/beta/hybrid os out there.
    And if you decide to upgrade remember you'll have to run curve 8530 themes for os 5.0

05-02-10 09:14 PM
    Only works on a 8330 tho right, not the 8330m.

05-02-10 10:41 PM
    Get the nathanix V7 hybrid at Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home of the Hybrids
    Under 5 minute boots, threaded sms, no chirp, super stable and fast and best of all its 5.0!
    And if you decide to upgrade remember you'll have to run curve 8530 themes for os 5.0

yeah just hope all the apps I have would work if I went to that OS on a 8330 ,guess only one way to find out , lol
    05-03-10 04:59 AM

No GPS for us on vzw with this OS, thats why a lot of people don't use it.
    05-03-10 09:43 AM
    I run .186 - it cured the profile crash issue from .175 and is fairly stable.

I would like 5.0 but I have an 8330m so no dice. When my upgrade rolls around I'm going Bold, baby!
    05-03-10 09:48 AM
    Yeah no good for the M BUT gps does work
    Works using bing gps on verizon and and google maps / bb maps for everyone else.

Plus now a days most people making the apps you love make 5.0 version, I know I haven't had a problem so far, just theme wise. But the 8500 is starting to get a really good selection now so its not to bad anymore.

All I know is that when I made the switch it made my phone feel new again and put it on par with my friends 9000 for speed in a lot of cases, so I know I'm more then happy and never going back haha

05-03-10 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD