I am in an EV broadband area and get great EV service. Although sometimes I'll be on the internet on my phone and realize it's going really slow. I'll look and it will only have a 1x and no ev. Well I have ev in this area.

So I go to manage connections. Turn it off and turn it on. And then the 1xev comes back. And I get really fast speeds. It stays on for a while but after so many hours it will just go back to 1x. And no matter where I go it won't turn back to an EV service unless I turn the connections off and turn it back on.

It wouldnt be such an issue but I'm going to miss some calls while im having to turn my network off and turn it back on to get it to go back to EV. I also have full bars in EV service. It would make sense if I went out of the EV network a little and then it came back when I went back. But it doesn't come back and I'm not going out of the network.

Kinda is annoying restarting the connection everytime I want to use the internet almost. Anyone else have this problem?

My friends phone does this too and he didn't realize it until I told him. He was like "my internet is so slow today. I can't get this video to load" I looked at his phone and it just had 1x. I restarted his connections and then he had the EV. It's like it isn't even trying to find the EV again.
    05-07-09 05:54 AM
    *228 to update your PRL. What version OS are you running?
    05-07-09 05:57 AM
    *228 to update your PRL. What version OS are you running?
    I've done that also.

Im running the newest one on Verizon. I think it was .77 right? I checked and it was the newest one. I don't remember all the numbers.

It is staying on for a while now. It'll stay on a good 8-10 hours. But after about 10 or so hours it'll go to a 1x connection and won't go back to an EV unless I make it.
    05-07-09 06:12 AM
    I personally would upgrade to 138. It works several kinks and known bugs out.
    05-07-09 06:48 AM
    I personally would upgrade to 138. It works several kinks and known bugs out.
    Yeah that's the sprint one isn't it? I don't want to upgrade until verizon puts one out. I mean everything works well except that.

It stays on most of the day though. When i wake up in the morning it will be on 1x though. It's like if its idle for a long time the ev goes off.
    05-07-09 06:52 AM
    My phone did the same thing. I would keep loosing the ev also. It kept up and Telus even replaced the phone 3 times with no change (they finally made a new offer so I'm waiting on the Tour). I ws living with the problem - mine would not update the roaming list so it would not see a lot of the towers - untill just 2 weeks ago. Telus had a new software update that I installed and after that was done I tried the update again. Worked 1st try and the phone has been working great since.

Still waiting to get the Tour (still getting used to that name).
    05-07-09 07:07 AM
    Check out the verizon forum. HeatherLaw posted a fix for this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 07:38 AM
    Mine updates the roaming list and everything. I don't know whats up with it. For some reason it hasn't done it today. I did the *228 again last night. could have fixed it.
    05-07-09 04:09 PM
    Yeah that's the sprint one isn't it? I don't want to upgrade until verizon puts one out. I mean everything works well except that.

It stays on most of the day though. When i wake up in the morning it will be on 1x though. It's like if its idle for a long time the ev goes off.
    131 is Sprint, 138 is Telus. I think you might see some performance gains if you installed either of those. But its up to you if it is stable then by all means leave it alone.
    05-07-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD