I downloaded 4.5 from Vodafone, and when I go to open and run, it prompts me for password??

Anyone know why, or what the issue is?
    06-25-08 12:07 PM
    ugh, if the memory leak isnt fixed theres no point in upgrading unless your having problems with the beta os. thats my only complaint about blackberries..
    Last edited by r3g; 06-25-08 at 12:17 PM.
    06-25-08 12:15 PM
    I downloaded the official Vodaphone version on my ATT Curve and so far so good. It has been about two weeks or so. I am happy with it and especially love the updated brower (I even deleted Opera Mini). Keep your fingers crossed...
    06-25-08 01:48 PM
    I had 4.5 working great then updated to the beta, it worked great as well till yesterday. I did a sync with a database program and it started doing the reboot every 5 minutes. As long as I kept it busy, it seemed ok. I loaded, reloaded and reloaded again. Finally this afternoon, I pulled out my battery, sim and memory card, waited then reassembled. It worked! then I noticed I left the memory card out. When I put it back in, it started the rebooting. I am going to move everything off the card tonight and format it, to see if I can find a solution. I'll keep everyone informed, but if anyone has a solution that saves me some trial and error, feel free to share.
    06-25-08 05:50 PM
    Hi there,
    I'm a novice and totally confused-not difficult to confuse me tho.
    I'm on a 3wk old 8320 on Orange in the UK and am running v4.2.2.184
    - now is this the newest 'official' os for my berry?
    - And am I right in understanding that because I'm on gsm in Europe and because of something to do with wifi/uma that there is no current plan for any sort of upgrade?
    - so most other berrys can upgrade&this will give them things like proper html emails, youtube streaming and the like?

Sorry to be a dork and ask such elementary questions.
    Cheers,
    Bx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 02:17 AM
    4.2.2.184 is the latest official version.

Hi there,
    I'm a novice and totally confused-not difficult to confuse me tho.
    I'm on a 3wk old 8320 on Orange in the UK and am running v4.2.2.184
    - now is this the newest 'official' os for my berry?
    - And am I right in understanding that because I'm on gsm in Europe and because of something to do with wifi/uma that there is no current plan for any sort of upgrade?
    - so most other berrys can upgrade&this will give them things like proper html emails, youtube streaming and the like?

Sorry to be a dork and ask such elementary questions.
    Cheers,
    Bx

06-26-08 02:13 PM
    4.2.2.184 is the latest official version.
    Actually i am running the official 4.5 OS from Vodaphone
    Last edited by gs warrior 88; 06-26-08 at 02:29 PM.
    06-26-08 02:16 PM
    Followup: It would appear that anyone installing the 4.5 software who has a memory card installed, should remove it before the upgrade. Back it up, reformat it after the upgrade then move your data back on. Something appears to mess with the memory card causing repeated reboots if the directory structure was created using the older software version.
    07-03-08 08:35 AM
    Just put 4.5.0.37 on for the second time. First attempt resulted in the endless rebooting. So this time, I backed up the card, formatted it, did the upgrade, reinstalled the card, and formatted it again. Worked great - until I add the media back onto the card. Reboot cycle returned. Now I've formatted again, nothing on the card, running great with empty card in it. We'll see how it goes without adding the media for a while.
    07-03-08 10:43 AM
    Well im running os 4.5.0.46 and im telling yuse that mine is taking it like a champ there is still a small memory leak like 1-2 megs but it comes back with a memory pull , also after i resent my service books i got html email , yea chaz i know i had to format my card to but i backed up the data on it and the loaded my pics and music back on it.

Ive been running this os for 5 days no major probs ,I still would love to see the official from att.

Crackberry forms IS AWESOME
    07-03-08 10:48 AM
    O know it official, but is there a real difference? And when will att probly get it? Also, when can I get html email? Thanks

Definitely....It allows you to shoot video now and also offers the L shape theme....those are just a couple but there's many more little things!!
    07-03-08 10:51 AM
    Ok noob questions here but here it goes. I have the 8310 with At&t. I have been looking for the 4.5.x OS at the blackberry website but my carrier and Vodafone only have 4.2.x which is what I currently have. Where are you guys getting this OS download from?
    Second question is, do I have to backup all my contacts, themes, ringtones, etc. before I do the upgrade?
    Third question what do I need to do before hand so I can have the option of downgrading back to my original OS version.

Thanks any help will be greatly appreciated.
    07-03-08 01:44 PM
    Chaz... Have you considered .46? I ran Vodafone for almost 3 weeks and decided to upgrade to .46. This is the first beta that I tested and its much much better than Vodafone .37.

07-03-08 01:48 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD