Sorry if repost I'm new here and found this site very helpful Just got my blackberry yesterday and already read threw lots of threads and changed my trackball blue But curious has anyone changed the keypad on there Curve 8330? Thanks.
    03-21-09 10:50 PM
    U can, by coloring the LED's under the keyboard with colored tape or a marker.

Ps: will void warranty.
    03-22-09 12:17 AM
    I dont know how well this would work. I bet it wouldnt be easy to do though.
    03-22-09 01:37 AM
    Yea I havn't really seeing anyone do it, So I'm assuming its hard lol.
    03-22-09 02:57 PM
    Yea I havn't really seeing anyone do it, So I'm assuming its hard lol.
    Not too hard, but is it worth taking your case apart and voiding your warranty to get your kb lights to light up in a different color?

Also, people have broken the tiny screws at the top of the phone, and have effed their earphone jack up as well.
    03-22-09 03:06 PM
    Not hard, just have to be brave and open the case, remove keyboard and color the LED's
    03-22-09 03:08 PM
    Ya true I've seen videos of people taking them apart seems easy LOl but I doubt it is.. and you're right I dont think its worth voiding warranty. But I do got insurance lol.
    03-22-09 07:19 PM
    if youre careful taking about the phone its actually easy. I used a piece of blue plastic bag for both the keypad and trackball, i dont have enough posts so i cant post pics
    03-22-09 08:44 PM
    Ya true I've seen videos of people taking them apart seems easy LOl but I doubt it is.. and you're right I dont think its worth voiding warranty. But I do got insurance lol.
    does doing repairs like that and mods and what not void insurance through Asurion or no?
    03-22-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD