I have a question about the sellers on ebay selling black housings. To those who bought it off ebay, was the quality of the product good? Was the quality of the black paint what you expected?
    03-06-09 02:33 AM
    If it's from GSM4World, it's OEM quality all the way around.
    03-06-09 02:43 AM
    Gsm4world's housing is good, but there was no foam gasket behind the lens on the front housing, and nothing covering the hole for the earpiece speaker. Came with 2 screwdrivers (T5, T6) and a case spreader tool in addition to a black trackball and black keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 02:46 AM
    Gsm4world's housing is good, but there was no foam gasket behind the lens on the front housing, and nothing covering the hole for the earpiece speaker. Came with 2 screwdrivers (T5, T6) and a case spreader tool in addition to a black trackball and black keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    whats a foam gasket? so is this a go or no-go?
    03-06-09 03:39 AM
    whats a foam gasket? so is this a go or no-go?
    It is a thin foam gasket that supposedly seals the small gap between the inner LCD screen and the outside lens to keep dust from getting in that area.

Here is the actual product on gsm4world's website:

BlackBerry 8300 8320 8310 inside lens dust protector (foam seal) Cellular phone accessories. Offering all accessories from Nokia,Sony Ericssons,Motolora,Samsung and more.

If you buy from their eBay auction, perhaps you can ask them to include this foam gasket at a small additional price, it weighs next to nothing, so I'm sure shipping would be free on it. Contact the seller first.
    03-06-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD