Anyone here had their Curve more than a year now and are bored? I AM! Holy crap I need something new like NOW! Love the look of the Bold but hate AT&T. Javelin isn't sitting well with me because I want 3G and 2009 is far away still. What is a gadget geek junky to do! I need a support group and some meds...

Man I had to vent that out. Thanks for listening. Carry on.
    06-28-08 04:18 AM
    I have never had a phone more than 6 months. Except for my curve which I'm going on 7 months now. I'm waiting for the bold to come out. When I heard it was delayed I went out a got an itouch. Sorry bb I feel like I'm cheating but you can only add so many themes before you start to get bored.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-08 04:45 AM
    I understand how you feel; I've had my phone for about 8 months and, even though I know it's a fantastic phone, my mind can't help but wander... I'm not sure how I'm going to last until my upgrade in October 2009!
    06-29-08 03:10 PM
    Phone boredom sets in within days for me. Which is why I stay in touch with the forums, they're hilarious for ages (e.g. weeks).
    06-29-08 03:14 PM
    nope..ive had mine 6months and it satisfies me perfectly
    06-29-08 03:16 PM
    Use it extensively, but never got attached to it.
    So no, the boredom thing never entered the picture.
    Same device it's always been.
    06-29-08 03:20 PM
    I wouldn't say I'm bored, but I'm looking forward to the Bold. Like a lot of people, I rarely keep a phone more than a few months. But I've had my Curve since Oct 07. I won't get another phone unless it's a newer Blackberry!
    06-29-08 03:30 PM
    Heh... Usually I get bored of smartphones after a couple weeks and end up just using them as a phone. I'm diggin' the 8320 though; was going to wait for the Bold, but what with the uncertain TMo release and all I'm glad I didn't. This thing is awesome, especially with the 4.5 firmware I put on this morning. 6 hours and no bugs yet *fingers crossed*...
    Somewhat dissapointed by the software offerings, but it does the majority of what I need it to... And better than I would expect from the other offerings. Wish there was a decent freeware RPN calc out there though, may just have to write my own.

06-29-08 03:48 PM
    Bored... NO!

And good luck even getting 3G on TMobile by 2009!! hahaha

You are hoping for something you probably will not get... best case scenario is that TMo has the 3G network rolled out by the end of 2008. But that is probably not realistically going to happen

And you will just have to settle with the Javelin...

I think it is a slick device, but whatev... either way (like it or not) the Bold will not come out for TMo for some time. Kinda like a delayed release sorta thing
    06-29-08 03:56 PM
    I'm sitting here w/ a Motorola Q9h on my desk, waiting for WinMoblie 6.1 to show up.
    (Shhhhh! Be vewwy, vewwy quiet about dis...)

But like you guys/ladies here, i'm going after that "Bold" on day 1... :-)

Gonna call mine the "BushBerry" cuz it's -Free...! LoL
    06-29-08 04:52 PM
    I wouldn't say I'm bored, but I'm looking forward to the Bold. Like a lot of people, I rarely keep a phone more than a few months. But I've had my Curve since Oct 07. I won't get another phone unless it's a newer Blackberry!
    Same here, except I prefer the Javelin.

Luigi
    06-29-08 05:50 PM
    Bored... NO!

And good luck even getting 3G on TMobile by 2009!! hahaha

You are hoping for something you probably will not get... best case scenario is that TMo has the 3G network rolled out by the end of 2008. But that is probably not realistically going to happen

And you will just have to settle with the Javelin...

I think it is a slick device, but whatev... either way (like it or not) the Bold will not come out for TMo for some time. Kinda like a delayed release sorta thing
    That's kinda what I what I was counting on, HotSpot@Home and OS 4.5 do the trick though for now... and my contract will probably be up by the time there is anything worth upgrading to.
    06-30-08 04:26 AM
    I just got done upgrading to the OS 4.5. I'm ready to throw this 8300 at my wall just getting mad about the Bold not being in my hands yet!!!! I'm gonna eventually lose it. Oh well, at least I can use a video camera and stream vids from You Tube.

06-30-08 04:50 AM
    I too have had about every phone out there becasue I get bored with them...For those that enjoy trying different devices, I suggest Craigslist in whatever city you live, there will be a Craigslist!! You get to negotiate the price with people (most people post for way more than they are willing to accept) and you get to see it hands on before you buy it, unlike E-Bay!!!
    Meet in a public place and check the device good...no warranty or support, but your getting it cheap enough to buy another if it breaks!!
    07-06-08 07:40 PM
    A year?!? I am lucky to go 4 months. 7 is the longest in the last few years.
    07-06-08 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD