I have a Curve 8330 and have been using the auto on/off feature. The other night at 2:45am it turned on and alerted me to all my notifications (which annoyed the wife) I doubled check the on/off time and the on time was set to 7:00am. I was wondering if anybody else had this issue? It has only happend the one time, but I've been making sure to leave it in phone only mode in case it happens again.
    07-03-09 09:38 PM
    has happened to me as well, haven't figured anything out, so I'll be watching this thread intently!
    07-03-09 09:48 PM
    found this on another forum and pasted just a section i dont want to advertise other places here ... "it states that when the blackberry is in auto on/off it turns on for calendar and alarm reminders. I dont think there is a way to make it ignore the reminders."
    07-03-09 10:17 PM
    found this on another forum and pasted just a section i dont want to advertise other places here ... "it states that when the blackberry is in auto on/off it turns on for calendar and alarm reminders. I dont think there is a way to make it ignore the reminders."
    I'll have to double check that, but I don't think that I had any calendar or alarms set for 2:45am! Thanks for the info!
    07-03-09 10:29 PM
    maybe a reminder set for quiet some time ahead? or a all day event turned it on at 12am maybe? just didnt get notifications until 2:45am? i dunno check it out and report back if not ill look into it more for you
    07-03-09 10:33 PM
    I usally check the on time or 15 min prior for a reminder. I had an entry in my outlook (on my PC) for 9am and the reminder was set for 6.25 hours (2:45a!), but was not checked to go off at that time. It must have turned on when I synched the calendar to my BB.

Thanks for the info on that! I'm pretty sure that was the issue, so I'll double check all the entries so that doesn't happen again.

Soloracer, hope this was your issue too!
    07-03-09 11:16 PM
    I just looked and yes it was!

Good call xxwckdxx, thanks!
    07-03-09 11:26 PM
    Mine does that from time to time.
    07-03-09 11:53 PM
    I, too, have a new Curve 8330, purchased about 1 month ago. For about 1 week or 2 I had the Auto On/Off feature activated to turn off at 11 PM and on at 10 AM. I disabled this feature. Now, when I manually turn the Curve off, the screen says "Next turn on time 10:45 PM." I have no idea where this comes from. I have no reminders set up or tasks. Color me confused.
    08-14-09 02:04 PM
    Just answered my own dilemma. I forgot I had QuickPull set to do an auto reset at 10:45 PM each day.
    Color me looking sheepish, but now more knowledgeable.
    08-14-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD