I can't get on roxio i keep getting that error message, it says the app has requested the runtime to terminate it in a unusual way.Please contact the app support team for more info. Anybody else getting this messeage?
    06-13-08 11:45 PM
    Roxio takes forever to work on my PC(Vista) but I have yet to receive that message.
    06-14-08 12:03 AM
    yeah and blackberry can't help me I was on the phone with them for 12 hours.
    06-14-08 10:18 AM
    Exact same problem here. It will load up fine, but when I click on the folder icon in the bottom left to add a file from my computer, I get this message causing Desktop Manager to close.

I don't have a MicroSD installed so I probably couldn't save much anyways, but I'm going to try again once my memory card arrives. Can anybody offer any insight?
    06-22-08 06:34 PM
    Once your microSD card arrives, dump Roxio and use Mass Storage Mode to drag and drop files to/from your PC-Blackberry instead. The only reason to use Media Manager then will be if you need to transfer video files.
    06-22-08 06:38 PM
    Once your microSD card arrives, dump Roxio and use Mass Storage Mode to drag and drop files to/from your PC-Blackberry instead. The only reason to use Media Manager then will be if you need to transfer video files.
    Ah but when you are on a lovely 3 1/2 year old Laptop, that can not read I suppose the "higher-end" SD technologies...you just get screwed . I have an SD card reader on my laptop, and it reads my SD card that I purchased 4 years ago for my digital camera fine, but apparently the newer SD cards, won't work regardless.

So unfortunately, I actually have to take my card out of my BlackBerry, use my USB key to put whatever I want on my BB on that, take it to my brother's computer and then all is well.
    06-22-08 09:08 PM
    Mass Storage Mode doesn't involve putting an SD card in your laptop. Just connect the bb with Media Card installed to the PC via USB cable. In Mass Storage Mode, Windows Explorer sees the blackberry Media Card as a drive letter. You can drag and drop easily.
    06-22-08 09:19 PM
    My laptop will not read the SD card no matter what I do. Whether it's in the BlackBerry or not. I've troubled shooted it to no end, and once I did some research on the type of SD card it is...it is not compatible with my old laptop.
    06-23-08 01:41 PM
    The best fix for Poxio is to uninstall it. This fixes all the errors and makes your PC go faster too.
    06-23-08 02:05 PM
    This is not the first Roxio product I've had problems with but it is the last one. I pulled it off of my computer within a week of getting my Curve and have no intention of putting it back on. The only reason I can see for using it is I understand it would automatically format photos and videos for our screen size. Of course it can't do that if it won't even run and without the new OS what good are videos anyway. Dump the chump!
    06-23-08 02:52 PM
    Roxio products cause problems everywhere. I do not like them at all.

For video conversions to my BlackBerry I use this Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter its free and works well. I then use Mass Storage Mode to drag and drop the output file to the Media Card. It works well.

For music I use mp3.
    06-23-08 03:49 PM
    Ah but when you are on a lovely 3 1/2 year old Laptop, that can not read I suppose the "higher-end" SD technologies...you just get screwed . I have an SD card reader on my laptop, and it reads my SD card that I purchased 4 years ago for my digital camera fine, but apparently the newer SD cards won't work...
    I was aware that SDHC cards were intended to be used in devices labeled SDHC compatible. I assumed that if your blackberry was compatible, that anything that talked to the blackberry would work. I have a two year old laptop and a 2GB not HC card, so I can't test mine. Thanks for sharing the knowledge with the forum.
    06-23-08 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD