It seems the only way to change my volume is to go into profiles and switch to a different one.

Is there an app or other method to use the volume side buttons like other phones? Even if it just switches to another profile with them. Thanks all for your advice.
    07-27-09 02:07 PM
    This is something that annoyed me when I first made the jump to BB. As far as I know, no, you can't set the volume keys to change profiles/ring volume. I just set the left side key to be the profile screen since I change profiles quite often throughout the day.
    07-27-09 02:40 PM
    that would be sick though...
    07-27-09 02:53 PM
    Oh you mean like what Motorola has? Where you change it from the side?
    07-27-09 03:08 PM
    Thanks all for the replies. I'm going to see if I can make something like that using eclipse since it appears no one else has done it.
    07-27-09 03:41 PM
    yeah, without an app or some sort of mod, the BB does not let you do this out of the box. it took me some getting used to, but i only use 2 profiles ever. I use vibrate at work, and my customized Normal profile when i'm not at work. i dont need zillions of profiles for different situations...either vibrate, or normal. I do agree it would be nice to use the volume rocker buttons on the fly though
    07-27-09 03:53 PM
    I just have a theme that has a hidden button on my homescreen which gets me to the profiles quick and easily. Most themes that people make have this so it won't be too hard to find one, I switch back and forth between like 4 of them and they all have it.
    07-27-09 04:03 PM
    just curious if anyone found a app that does what OP asked.
    08-24-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD