I like having my phone locked but i noticed it can emergency dial a number out pretty easily. ive actually had my storm do this. a police officer called my cell back because it dialed 911 in my pocket. not by accidently dialing the numbers but using the emergency speed dial hotkey that comes up with the lock / unlock option.

is there any way to remove or stop the emergency dial out menu when locked.

i dont even know if this is a problem on the curve like it was on my storm. I just dont want another call to emergency because of accidental pants dialing.

i cant stand the fact they put this menu to dial out anyway when its locked. totally defeats the purpose of the lock.
    Last edited by Acorn; 06-03-09 at 07:25 PM.
    06-03-09 07:22 PM
    You can disable the option to dial out while locked. It's in your Security Options under General Settings. At least, that's where it is on an 8830 running OS 4.5. Your location may vary. You cannot disable dialing 911, for safety reasons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 07:40 PM
    The only way to be able to actually dial the Emergency Dial is if it's selected then you have to push Yes to initiate the call. As said above it's there for safety reasons, just make sure you throw your phone on stand by before putting it in your pocket etc.
    06-03-09 07:48 PM
    i disabled it and i was still able to choose the emergency call button when locked. I clicked it to see and its like are you sure you want to make an emergency call.

so its still a risk.

im complaining without a reason right now since it hasnt even happened yet with my curve. I will just have to use it for awhile and see if its an issue. I havent seen any recent posts about people accidently dialing this so maybe im just being paranoid.
    06-03-09 07:49 PM
    Just make sure you throw your phone on standby and your fine. It has happened to me when it was accidentally pushed and luckily it wasn't clicked Yes and actually called. I learned my lesson and throw it on standby. Saves battery as well.
    06-03-09 07:51 PM
    Just make sure you throw your phone on standby and your fine. It has happened to me when it was accidentally pushed and luckily it wasn't clicked Yes and actually called. I learned my lesson and throw it on standby. Saves battery as well.
    thanks mbudden standby seems to do what I want. i was still able to recieve calls too so it solved my pocket scare problem. If i could I would +rep you. Thanks.
    06-03-09 07:56 PM
    i cant stand the fact they put this menu to dial out anyway when its locked. totally defeats the purpose of the lock.
    I came across a severe accident a few years back. Two off road vehicles wrecked and rolled down a very deep embankment.

I did not have my cell phone on me at the time, we where camping/hiking. Two people where dead, 4 others where severely hurt. None of them where unresponsive. We searched the vehicle and found a locked phone.

We then sent mike, the distance runner, down the road 6 miles until he got a signal. He used the lock phone to call 911. All 4 lived.

Totally defeats the purpose of having a phone, if the phone is locked and unusable during emergencies.

Of course it could be you unresponsive and your phone we found. Then we would have to run 17 miles to the nearest major road, find some one with a phone and call out.
    06-03-09 07:58 PM
    ok i get your point. I just didnt want to call them on accident. my storm actually did this. Its one thing if its an emergency. but calling them in a non emergency was not cool at all. I didnt want that to happen again
    06-03-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD