I know this has been discussed but I haven't seen this angle yet. I have a 8330 Verizon Curve and routinely go into a hospital where cell phones are prohibited and the signal is lost. To save some battery life, I turn off the phone while I am in there.

The problem starts when I leave and restart the phone. It gives me the "radio off" message and I can't get on the network. I can go to the "Manage Connections" and turn on the mobile network. The Voice Services says "available" but the BlackBerry Internet Service says "not connected." I can't get anything on the Browser.

The only way I have been able to fix it is removing the battery but that is a real pain because I have one of those Seidio cases. I don't know why a "Dumbphone" knows to search for service and turn on everything when it restarts, but a "Smartphone" doesn't. My charge has always been 75% or higher and it still happens. I haven't tried to make a call yet but will try that next time.

Thanks for any help!

Sorry I guess I can't edit the thread title for proper grammar.
    10-16-08 10:08 AM
    I am annoyed (minor annoyance really) with some similar situation. I get crappy signal in my home town and my battery goes quick if I don't have it plugged in. The wireless radio is smart enough to automatically shut off when the battery is low but not smart enough to turn back on when plugged in. It takes a few minutes before it will even let me turn it back on manually...assuming that it is waiting for a minimal level of charge. It would be nice if it either turned the radio back on when it detected battery charging and/or turned the radio back on when the charge was back up. I ran into an issue this morning where I had forgotten the radio had turned off and a co-worker was trying to get a hold of me before I got in to work.
    10-16-08 12:14 PM
    This is interesting.

I am wondering the same thing since my radio turned off by itself today.

It seems like this may have happened right after some over the air activity that seems to have been done by the carrier once before. However te phone also restarted the last time that this happened.

Today I was doing some PAM browing and it disconnected by itself. I had to maually turn the radio back on, from the radio menu.

Its working fine now. Who knows?????

Maybe someone has an answer.
    10-18-08 04:38 PM
    Well I just hate it when my battery's still got some "juice" left yet the radio automatically turns off, so if anyone's got some solutions, HELP!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 04:49 PM
    I have the same issue! I can't even send SMS! someone PLEASE HELP!
    11-30-08 10:36 PM
    just dial 911. and as soon as you press send continue to press end. itll turn ur radios on and they will stay on until the entire fone cuts off. just remember to keep pressing end. not holding it but continuosly pressing it until is says call disconnected. and just case u dont get it cancelled before it rings "hang on, dont hang up" lol. just tell the dispatch u mad a mistake. it cost money and time for them to call back when u hang up. hope ive helped
    12-01-08 04:26 AM
    Shortcut. Instead of removing the battery. Press alt right shift and del

I know this has been discussed but I haven't seen this angle yet. I have a 8330 Verizon Curve and routinely go into a hospital where cell phones are prohibited and the signal is lost. To save some battery life, I turn off the phone while I am in there.

The problem starts when I leave and restart the phone. It gives me the "radio off" message and I can't get on the network. I can go to the "Manage Connections" and turn on the mobile network. The Voice Services says "available" but the BlackBerry Internet Service says "not connected." I can't get anything on the Browser.

The only way I have been able to fix it is removing the battery but that is a real pain because I have one of those Seidio cases. I don't know why a "Dumbphone" knows to search for service and turn on everything when it restarts, but a "Smartphone" doesn't. My charge has always been 75% or higher and it still happens. I haven't tried to make a call yet but will try that next time.

Thanks for any help!

Sorry I guess I can't edit the thread title for proper grammar.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD