I find it annoying that if I am in Gmail on my comouter and send a message to someone, THAT sent message will pop up in my inbox on my BB and red LED light will flash. I only want that when I receive a message, not when I send one. Any way to disable this?
    03-06-09 12:17 AM
    03-06-09 12:20 AM
    i think this was just answered...
    It was...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-06-09 12:29 AM
    In fact, it was NOT answered. I followed the exact instructions for VZW, created a filter thru the BIS site and now, instead of preventing copies of my sent Gmail messages from popping up in my BB inbox, I am now blocking ALL incoming e-mail from my Gmail address. This is NOT what I wanted.
    03-06-09 12:45 AM
    Then the filter was set-up incorrectly? No one has reported having any problems after creating the filter.

03-06-09 12:51 AM
    Guess you can't say that anymore because I followed the instructions, but it didn't work the way I was told it would.

I don't want to block e-mail messages from myself. I just don't want SENT e-mails/replies to show up as new mail in my BB inbox.
    03-06-09 07:22 AM
    it works for everyone but you? how odd.
    03-06-09 07:36 AM
    it works for everyone but you? how odd.
    Yes. Help?
    03-06-09 07:38 AM
    The only help I can offer is to follow the instructions as written, its weird how they work for a ton ofother people but you, which leads me to beleive you set it up incorrectly. I dont know what else to tell you, go back into the BIS.. remove gmail.. add it back, then follow the filter instructions, they work, if done correctly.
    03-06-09 07:41 AM
    See, I knew I wasn't crazy. IT DOESN'T WORK THIS WAY. This is from the other giant thread on this very subject, posted yesterday by NTFFL07:

Resolution
    Complete one of the following resolutions:

Remove and re-integrate the Gmail webmail account. For instructions on how to remove and re-integrate a Gmail webmail account, see KB04620 and KB02189, respectively.

To prevent sent email messages from arriving on the BlackBerry smartphone each time one is sent, create a filter in the BlackBerry Internet Service account to block the sending of those email messages to the BlackBerry smartphone.

To create a filter, perform the following steps:

Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account. For instructions on how to log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account, see KB03781.
    Click the Filters icon next to the integrated Gmail webmail account.

Click Add a Filter to create a new filter.

Configure the filter so that email messages are not sent to the BlackBerry smartphone if the email message originates from the Gmail webmail account integration. To configure this filter, complete the following steps:
    Type a name for the filter in the Filter Name field. For example, My sent Gmail email messages.
    Set the Apply filter when field to "FROM" field.
    Type the Gmail webmail address in the Contains field. For example, <user name>@gmail.com.
    Select the Do not forward messages to device option.
    Click Add Filter.

Note: After creating this filter, email messages will not be received on the BlackBerry smartphone if sent from the Gmail webmail account.
    That is exactly what I don't want to have happen. I do sometimes sent e-mails to myself as a reminder for something, but I am just looking for the SENT versions to not pop up in my inbox. I guess there is no way to do this.
    03-06-09 07:48 AM
    Also, once the filter is set up, messages icon, options, general options, make sure Hide sent messages is set to Yes. thensave.
    03-06-09 07:51 AM
    Your only problem with the filter is when you email from [email protected] to [email protected] you don't receive the email on your BB, correct? I am assuming gmail is your only email account?

I send myself email reminders too. I have two email accounts (one being gmail) set up on my BB so I just send from one to the other to do this though. You could use a second email as a work around because you are right when you set up that filter you can not email yourself using gmail and have it show up on your BB.
    03-06-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD