Ok, just curious to see how many of you previous pearl users miss using the pearl rather than the Curve. I got my Curve with Verizon and I love everything about it, however my pearl which I enjoyed very much, there is something about it that I miss. I actually sold it to a friend not thinking I would have use for it, but I find myself missing it. I dont know what it was, maybe the size or something. I may just buy another one and switch back and forth. Just wondering if I am the only one?
    05-22-08 08:34 AM
    I really enjoy my curve. I was glad it finally came out. One thing I noticed and it might be me a rookie but no spell check on this compared to the pearl?

But if you are wanting a pearl that is like new I have mine still it is on Craigslist for madison wisconsin listed all box and papers etc.
    05-22-08 10:27 AM
    No way...hated the Pearl. The only thing good about the Pearl is the fact that it's a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 10:32 AM
    But if you are wanting a pearl that is like new I have mine still it is on Craigslist for madison wisconsin listed all box and papers etc.
    Madison, WI ! Sweet! Never expected to see that because I just dont see many madtown BB users I'm a student at UW-Madison

Maybe we should start a Madison, WI users thread and see how many of us are on here!

And...I love my pearl...I miss it even if its away from me for a few minutes
    05-22-08 10:34 AM
    Cool madison I love my Bb curve would never be with out a BB of any type. Tried going back to a reg phone and nope couldn't do it. There are a bunc of BB users i have found on websites that are from madison, I live on the eastside. I meet some on Phonescoop.com (CWCANTY) northside resident. Plays semi pro football meet him in person also.
    05-22-08 10:44 AM
    Nice...I am really only on crackberry so I dont really know users on other forums...this definitely calls for a Wisc Mad thread! I live on the west side btw...so N, E, W covered...
    05-22-08 10:49 AM
    I agree we should have wisconsin site. I do really enjoy crackberry though nice site and very friendly. So how many Bb have yoy had. I have had the 8703e, 8830, 8130 and now 8330 the curve. I like that the best. Didn't care for the key boards on the 8830 or pearl.
    05-22-08 10:52 AM
    Wow..you're a BB veteran eh? This is actually my first...and I wont be able to downgrade from a BB anymore. I like the pearl. I love it. And I'm a sucker for compactness plus I have picked up SureType pretty well so typing out decent sized emails isnt an issue for me.
    05-22-08 11:09 AM
    got my pearl back in Feb. of this year - hated it from the get-go. screen and keyboard way to small - so last Friday I bit the bullet and got the 8330 Curve from Verizon WHICH I ABSOLUTELY ADORE!!!!!! Even brick-breaker is more fun!!! ;-)
    05-22-08 11:15 AM
    Not really a pearl fan, it was more of a temporary fix for me until the curve came out. I did keep my pearl in case as a backup though.
    05-22-08 11:30 AM
    I really enjoy my curve. I was glad it finally came out. One thing I noticed and it might be me a rookie but no spell check on this compared to the pearl?
    The 8330 does have spell check. Go to "options", "spell check" and put a check mark in the last option on the page,
    05-22-08 12:52 PM
    No way am I missing the Pearl! I only got the pearl because the 8830 was just a little too big for my liking (also no MMS). Got rid of the Pearl first chance I got! I was one of the lucky ones and got my Curve on 5/3....been loving it ever since.
    I hated the pearl keyboard but it was still waay better than the 8830.
    Last edited by bbnoob; 05-22-08 at 12:59 PM.
    05-22-08 12:56 PM
    I thought I was hooked before, with my first BB, a Pearl 8130. But I got the Curve a week ago, and I can't put it down. I had a Treo and a Moto Q and really missed the qwerty with the Pearl. Suretype is a real pain in the derriere. I don' miss the Pearl at all, especially since I sold it on craigslist and made a healthy profit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 09:24 PM
    Still deciding if I want to hold out for the bold or just get the curve. I don't know. The bb's keep getting better and better.
    05-24-08 10:07 PM
    I am missing my Pearl. There are some things it just did better than the Curve. I was faster at typing on it, why can't they make something Curve sized with a Pearl keyboard?
    05-24-08 11:34 PM
    Don't miss it at all. I like the size, added memory and qwerty keyboard too much.
    05-25-08 12:23 AM
    I'm with reneebob. I love my Curve for the GPS and the bigger screen. But I still keep my Pearl because it has the better keyboard (for me).
    05-25-08 12:26 AM
    I wasn't a big Pearl fan at all. The only thing I miss is the color pearl app.
    05-25-08 12:29 AM
    I'm too in love with my Curve to miss my old Pearl... VZW 8330 IS THE BESTTTTTTTTTT
    05-25-08 01:22 AM
    Good question.
    I started out with a pearl, used it for 4 months, but then it got stolen....
    Spend some time without a bb after that, got a cheap used 8700 later and now, 4 months after my pearl got stolen, I'm on a brand new 8320, which I'm totally loving
    But...if my pearl wasn't stolen, I'd still be using it now.
    But then again, now that I have my curve (full keyboard FTW) there's no way I'm going back to a pearl
    05-25-08 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD