Any simple stock program that allows one to pick a few stocks to monitor and autoupdate like some of the weather programs? I am using the Pocket Express right now but I rather have a standalone stock program that doesn't charge a monthly fee... (hehe, don't we all?)
    06-05-08 11:12 PM
    If you want free, you must be prepared to accept some limitations like a 20 minute delayed quotation.

I use Google Finance, part of iGoogle package. A few little hitches still need to be accommodated.

Stocks listed on just TSX return will return a quote, but not a graphic of the days results.

Stocks listed on both TSX and NYSE will return a $CDN quote, but the graphic will be in $US from the American exchange.

Last edited by Stoner; 06-06-08 at 10:24 AM.
    06-06-08 10:22 AM
    Another option is MarketFilters. It's free but with 20 minute delay. It also has some charting capabilities, but not an automatic update like PocketExpress. You can do a "refresh" within the app, so it's easy and only takes a few seconds.
    06-06-08 12:48 PM
    I tried Marketfilter before but I can't get it to work on my TELUS Curve. I'll take a look at iGoogle later. Thanks!
    06-06-08 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD