Does anyone know if they make a antivirus software for blackberry curve. I think I may have some sort of virus. My phone has been acting really funny the past couple of days. It takes a long time to do anything including switching menus, making phone calls and so on. I also noticed that my recent call list has been deleted and if i make a call it doesnt save it anymore. I keep getting the hour glass symbol for ANYTHING that i try to do. It takes a longtime to even do the simplest things like make a phone call. today it took atleast 2 minutes to make a call and then it wouldnt end the call until several minutes after i finished the conversation. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEAse!!!!!!
    06-18-08 07:05 PM
    Sounds like you're low on memory. Read this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-18-08 07:08 PM
    There's no blackberry antivirus software because there are no blackberry viruses. It's more likely your problems are caused by low memory.

Check your free memory: Options/Status/File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below 10 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. Stoner developed this procedure to guide you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory well above 10 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has.
    06-18-08 07:09 PM
    Cool< thanx very much. pulled bat for temp fix till i get home and can go on pc and really fix prob. Much better now with temp fix!!!!

thanx!!!
    06-18-08 07:34 PM
    god that was annoying, wanted to smash the phone into 6 million pieces with the excavator bucket today.......... came very close....... LOL..... alset with temp fix with bat pulled for time being!!!!! Thanx again!!!!!
    06-18-08 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD