yesterday when i was taking apart the curve like always i noticed that the clip on the antenna cover dragged across the antenna taking it off causing it to rip a bit. It didn't rip off by any means, yet there is a small tear in it (probably about 3 mm in length). I was able to simply push it back down, and reassemble the phone. I haven't been able to notice any difference in reception but of course I don't remember what kind of service I got where. Basically my question is does anyone know how these antennas work, and should a tear in it effect the reception at all? Thanks
    04-30-09 02:27 PM
    A minimal tear really shouldnt, on my 8320 I did the same thing, no biggie, but a huge tear or rip, might have an issue lol
    04-30-09 02:29 PM
    Cool, thanks.
    04-30-09 02:38 PM
    I did the exact same thing, almost seems like on my midplate the antenna overlapped the holes a bit for the cover. The first time I removed it nothing happened but the second time it ripped one side, probably about the same4-5mm. I haven't noticed any reduction in signal or anything like that so oh well.

I love how the youtube vids of disassembly makes it look like the antenna cover just pops off.......I thought I was going to snap my phone in half trying to get the little ******* off!!
    05-05-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD