hey ya'll just had a question...I dumped my blackberry 8320 in the toilet tonight,(yep, the toilet..yuck, but good news before I went to potty) and It is not right, It flickered after I pulled it out and I immediatly pulled the battery out. We stupid me I slapped it around awhile and before I logged on to read up on the treads I tried turing it back on...and nothing the red light flashes at me and I think it's its own way of laughing at me. So I was just wondering what you guys think...is it salvageable? The battery does have the 4 red X's on it and the square 1/8 inch water sticker is a very slight (I repeat a very slight) shade of pink...Thanks for any advise anyone has...
    02-18-08 10:52 PM
    Took my pearl a day to dry when I got it wet then It booted right up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-08 11:30 PM
    i would recomend cleaning it some before you let it dry completly. then drying it. you have a very limited time to do all this though...

You can see the information on how to do it by going here Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ.com... This really does work as it seems odd to get it wet again. I have done this with a laptop i spilled a drink on and had no problems after i was done.

This will take time to dry. give it at least 1 day before giving it any power. 2 days would be best
    02-18-08 11:41 PM
    1 more thing.... your BB could be dead so do not expect this to work. but it does work more times than not. it just depends on the initial damage done to the device on the swim it took
    02-18-08 11:42 PM
    the worst part about it is that I have yet to figure out what this puppy can do...I've only hade it three weeks! my husband is going to kill me if I can't fix it!
    02-18-08 11:45 PM
    do you think I should find the t5 torx and take it apart then wash it...boy do I sound silly but I gotta know
    02-18-08 11:47 PM
    That really is a bummer... I would really recomend the cleaning/rinsing with distilled water, then letting it dry for a couple days... You should be fine. Just without ur crack(berry) for a couple days.

These things do happen... Just sucks when it happens to you...

Good luck getting it cleaned and dryed...

02-18-08 11:49 PM
    do you guys know how many times do they work nore than not? I am still leaning tward the working part, hopefully the very light pink states it going to be ok...I have it sitting on the heat register in my room do you think that will help dry it out or should I seek alternative measures?
    02-18-08 11:50 PM
    If it was me I would take it all apart. But if you are not comfortable doing it you can just rinse it all off and then let it dry

02-18-08 11:50 PM
    I've read some of the threads about where to get a torx...but in nw indiana where do you suggest I get one? we gotta walmart close?
    02-18-08 11:52 PM
    Walmart proably has them... But its hard to know cause they are really small and almost a specialty tool. But they do have distilled water so that's one item you need...

Just let it air dry. The heat from the vent can warp/damage it further...

It will take a good day or more. Be safe, careful, andtake your time and you should be ok. Do not force anything

02-18-08 11:56 PM
    oh and I gotta tell ya when it took the swim, it was there in the water for a split second...and it had the leather case they give ya when ya buy it, do you think that the case helped? oh boy....I'm starting to sound desperate
    02-18-08 11:57 PM
    It probably did. Just let you phone dry slowly and try not to worry about it or think about it. Give it a day or more, then plug in the bat and see watch it turn on. Then load BBM, add my pin, then send me a message ;-)

Do not worry so much about it. It will turn on in a day or so

02-19-08 12:01 AM
    thank you for easing my mind a bit...I'll give it a few days and see what happens, its not the end of the world its only a phone...a brand new phone. But thanks!!! I need the boost.
    02-19-08 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD