So I've noticed lately that my backlighting on the screen seems to be dimmed 100% of the time. If I go into the options menu and disable the dimming it pops up all bright and cheery. When enabled the screen is set to dim after 30 seconds. But that doesn't seem to be working.

Nothing major I guess, but a bit annoying.

BB Curve 8330 on Verizon.
    Original 4.5 O/S.
    03-25-09 11:09 PM
    i think, from what i have hear/read, htat it is a bug in the OS...

am i right anyone?
    03-25-09 11:10 PM
    I'm not quite sure what the problem is you're describing, but it sounds like it's related to your low-light sensor, which is located with the status indicator led. Is it covered at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 11:11 PM
    If you have it OFF where it is supposed to be bright all the time and its still dims on and off with environment lighting (sensor) etc then yes it is a known issue on some phones. Mine works flawlessly if I set it to OFF - it will never dim no matter what the lighting is like in my room. My friends will dim while OFF in the same room that I am in, bright or dark

Same phone, Same OS, Same light sources - just how it is - a little glitch.... Very common as you will see as you read more on Crackberry. Two threads about it today as a matter of fact.
    03-25-09 11:15 PM
    Hmm, maybe it's dimming because the room I'm in is really dark.

Yep, that was it. Move it up by the LCD monitor and it brightens back up.
    03-25-09 11:20 PM
    Aye if you have the auto feature set to ON it will dim as the lighting changes (hits the sensor up top)..... This is normal. People have the same thing happen when the auto is set to OFF, this is the little annoyance on some phones people have issues with..... Some wont dim ever, some will.....
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-25-09 at 11:27 PM.
    03-25-09 11:24 PM
    I feel like a moron. But, I've only had the thing for a month and haven't used it that much other than email and IM. Slowly starting to mess around with the options when I'm bored at home. I love it though.
    03-25-09 11:35 PM
    Dont feel like a moron.... We were all there once. In time you will be a pro and be answering peoples questions on here, you will see. If you are ever bored read the lecture series found in my signature - it will get you caught up quick. Alot of good info there. Enjoy
    03-25-09 11:38 PM
    Lol... I thought I was going crazy when the screen kept dimming. There I was, standing in a spotlight in my room, then it dimmed! Whoa. Turned away. It got brighter! Whoa. Turned back. Dim! Whoa. Turned away....

Th
    confirm if I was crazy or not...

04-17-09 03:06 AM
    Ps... Does anyone else have the damndest time typing in forums via BB? How do you Enter to the next line? And how do you move the cursor with buttons (instead of the @a#ing trackball)?

Th
    confirm if I was crazy or not...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

04-17-09 03:08 AM
    That extra text, for instance... It's not showing in my comment box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

04-17-09 03:10 AM
    The extra text is from the forum itself and the dimming feature is to conserve your batt. Since you don't NEED it to be as bright in the darkness, BB has taken the courtesy of fixing that. If you want you can turn it off. BB also took the courtesy of transfering the same ideas to the case that came with it. The case has a specially placed magnet that puts your BB to sleep when it's in the holster. As far as the track ball , it just takes some getting used to, try double clicking it like a mouse. I love the trackball being as I rightfully have man hands so the touch screens drive me nuts! Hope this was usefull.
    04-17-09 08:57 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry P and P, and I agree with the touch screen. I have always been careful about touching the screens of all my devices, so a phone that REQUIRES touching the screen just seems odd to me.
    04-17-09 09:07 AM
    **** it took me 2 months just to realize my screen really WAS dimming and getting brighter.. i kept figuring i just didnt remember if being that bright or being that dimm.. then i found out about the sensor and was like DUHHHHHHHHHHH... now it actually makes sense..
    04-17-09 09:12 AM
    Nice themes Doc. How do you post em. And can I make and post my own?
    04-17-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD