One of my T5 screws came out looking a little too short (siderail screw). I think it broke in half or something in the actual screw hole. Normally the screw will just fall into the hole and then you just tighten it..but thats not the case now. It wont just drop in nor will it secure the siderail back on. Everything is snapped back into place just right. How the heck would I get that piece out? I can't even see down in there?
    10-17-08 03:59 PM
    chances are, you are trying to put the wrong length screw in the long hole... make sure they are going back into their original place... if in fact you did manage to break a screw off into the whole, you are out of luck, there is no way to get it out...
    10-17-08 04:02 PM
    Nah, I know exactly which screws came from where... Haha, it's kinda like the screws screwed ME! Dear god...
    10-17-08 04:07 PM
    does the screw look like the end has been broken off

(ps it was really hard for me to write my previous post and make it sound professional)
    10-17-08 04:12 PM
    LMAO! Me too...I was giggling the whole time...I'm such a perv Yes, the screw does look broken. It's actually stuck in the little female end attached to the back of the faceplate. When you put the screw in thru the back of the BB it passes thru to the front and into that female little attacher thing on the faceplate. I don't know the technical terms obviously, lmao! Thats how everything fits together snuggly. I was thinking of using a sharp thin nail to carefully puncture the broken piece and retrieve it. We'll see how that goes. I'm in the middle upgrading th OS....I got tired of playing Miss Fix-It, lmao! I'll pick it back up in a little bit
    10-17-08 04:32 PM
    ya, you are gonna need a new screw and a new front faceplate eventually
    10-17-08 04:33 PM
    Where can I get a replacement faceplate and not order it online? Ive called everywhere I can think of...
    10-17-08 05:30 PM
    OK you have 2 different size heads(small screws are T5 and big head screws are T7) on the screws but they are all the same length so if one is shorter than the rest then yes it most likely broke off in the hole(not real sure how this could happen because there is not that much pressure holding them in place). I am a big guy 6'2" 250# and I have yet to strip or break one..................So no way am I going to mess with you LMAO!!!

I get most of my stuff on Ebay, and a faceplate and battery door and sides will run you about $20 plus shipping (although most of them offer free shipping) they come from China and take about 2 weeks to get here.
    Last edited by keswan; 10-17-08 at 06:05 PM.
    10-17-08 05:30 PM
    LOL! I already see it. The screw broke off in the hole on the back of the faceplate. All I can think is that it was a defective screw and it was weak to begin with. Then I go messin with it and break it. Just my freakin luck Im gonna have to get a faceplate b/c I dont have a drill bit small enough to make a hole in that screw to retrieve it....sonovaB
    10-17-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD