Since I updated to 4.5 at&t I get a text saying I have voice mail. How can I stop this?
    12-19-08 03:06 PM
    You would have to talk to at&t but i know with Verizon it's default
    12-19-08 03:08 PM
    It never did this before
    12-19-08 03:13 PM
    That is why I am suggesting on talking to at&t. It's on their end. Has nothing to do with OS.
    12-19-08 03:32 PM
    at&t said that it's a setting in the phone????
    Is that correct?
    12-19-08 04:09 PM
    You have a different phone than I do, but try this and see if it helps:
    Bring up your call screen, press your BB menu button, choose options. Then choose call logging, and choose "none" under "Show these call log types in message list". Again, your model is different, so the wording/options may be slightly different, but it should be fairly similar. G/L
    12-19-08 04:18 PM
    You have a different phone than I do, but try this and see if it helps:
    Bring up your call screen, press your BB menu button, choose options. Then choose call logging, and choose "none" under "Show these call log types in message list". Again, your model is different, so the wording/options may be slightly different, but it should be fairly similar. G/L

Thats just for missed calls though, OP is talking about a text alert for a VM yes?
    12-19-08 04:20 PM
    Thats just for missed calls though, OP is talking about a text alert for a VM yes?
    You are correct. My bad.
    Sorry, OP.

Okay, Rachel, what about disabling "auto text" in the SMS Text options? do you think that would work?
    Last edited by timberdc; 12-19-08 at 04:45 PM.
    12-19-08 04:42 PM
    Can you log into your voicemail and turn notifications off. That's how you do it with verizon wireless.

Bill

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 04:44 PM
    You are correct. My bad.
    Sorry, OP.

Okay, Rachel, what about disabling "auto text" in the SMS Text options? do you think that would work?

Nope, auto text is the way the text is written in emails or sms, has nothing to do with text alerts for SMS
    12-19-08 04:51 PM
    Some carriers DO send a SMS with a VM, Tmo doesnt, I know some do, maybe the upgraded OS it has kicked in? I dont know to be honest, not something Ive had to figure out.
    12-19-08 04:52 PM
    Can you log into your voicemail and turn notifications off. That's how you do it with verizon wireless.

Bill

wouldn't doing this stop ANY/ALL kind of VM notification going to the phone? meaning you would not get a voicemail pop up window, sms or the number by the little VM symbol on the top of the screen?

the only way you'd know if you had a VM would to be to call in and check. seems like a pain.

i'd like a wy to disable the SMS VM alert as well, but i haven't found one.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-19-08 at 04:57 PM.
    12-19-08 04:55 PM
    I would think it woiuld too Chrisy, Im still leaning towards a carrier feature.
    12-19-08 04:57 PM
    me too. i wonder if VZW tech support has a way. i'm going to research that.
    12-19-08 04:58 PM
    There ya go

Luckily Ive never had the text, i just get the missed call pop up and the VM pop up.
    12-19-08 05:00 PM
    You would have to talk to at&t but i know with Verizon it's default
    I'm on VZW and I've never gotten a TXT when I get a VM.
    12-19-08 05:04 PM
    This is interesting. Thanks for the replies! I have never recieved a text for a VM, and I better not start. I only have 250 txts a month.
    12-19-08 05:05 PM
    Well, generally TXTs from a carrier are free.
    12-19-08 05:06 PM
    Well, generally TXTs from a carrier are free.
    haha! Did not know that! I don't ever receive any from them... but that is good to know.
    12-19-08 05:12 PM
    I'm with verizon,

And I receive a txt stating how many new old and urgent voicemails I have. I call it a txt but that's only because it shows up in my messages just like missed calls. After I receive this message my VM indicator on the home screen appears.

I assumed this was normal with all blackberrys. Is it not?

Bill

12-19-08 06:40 PM
    Nope, its different for many

I get pop ups for missed calls and texts, I never get a text notification (YAY)
    12-19-08 06:42 PM
    I'm with verizon,

And I receive a txt stating how many new old and urgent voicemails I have. I call it a txt but that's only because it shows up in my messages just like missed calls. After I receive this message my VM indicator on the home screen appears.

I assumed this was normal with all blackberrys. Is it not?

Bill

I get those too, but I don't think they are true TXTs, just a notification in your message folder.
    12-19-08 06:54 PM
    I'm with Tmo, and every now and then I would get a text message saying I have a voicemail but not often enough that it bothers me. I don't get the missed call notification like Rachel does though So I don't know if this is a phone setting thing or something that has to be handled with the carrier.
    12-19-08 07:49 PM
    Check out this post. Even though it doesn't make sense to me, this has worked for me several times. Sometimes the phone will slip back to giving me SMS alerts for new VMs, so I just do this again and it works. (Even if your setting is already set to none, change it something else, save the setting, then change it back to none.)
    06-19-09 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD