Hello all,

I am an owner of a storm and a used curve I picked up on craigslist for 115 bucks. This curve 8330 was in ok shape but had a few scratches. After reading many of the posts here on crackberry I decided to purchase a new housing on ebay. I originally had a silver and decided to get a deep red one. It was a pretty easy install after watching the video's on youtube. I would have to say a 3 out of 5 in technical difficulty. I replaced the mid plate also which had the speaker and antenna etc pre-installed. Well, now it is like I just got a brand new phone! New keyboard, trackball, all housing pcs, speaker. If you have any questions feel free to ask I would love to give back to the forum I have learned so much from!
    Thanks for listening to me rave!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 10:53 PM
    Pics?

I like seeing new housing pictures
    05-08-09 10:59 PM
    Unleash the beast let's see those pics...
    05-08-09 11:02 PM
    Before/after pics??

05-08-09 11:09 PM
    Pics please??
    05-08-09 11:19 PM
    yeah pics just ordered new housing for my 8330
    05-08-09 11:27 PM
    I've done a few housing installs, and I would stress being EXTRA EXTRA Careful!!
    The last time I replaced the housing on my curve, I messed up the antenna and ended up having to get a new one...

Also, your original housing has a little bit of foam around the screen to keep dust and dirt out...most of the ones you'll find online dont, so if having dust in your screen bothers you, you'll probably be taking it apart to clean it every week or two.
    05-09-09 11:24 AM
    was it truly easy? i've really been contemplating getting a new housing for my 8310...i just have reservations because i don't wanna mess it up and not have a phone anymore!! i'm too afraid to jack it up haha
    05-09-09 03:57 PM
    Thanks for sharing?

05-09-09 04:00 PM
    was it truly easy? i've really been contemplating getting a new housing for my 8310...i just have reservations because i don't wanna mess it up and not have a phone anymore!! i'm too afraid to jack it up haha
    I thought it was easy...but at the same time, it's also easy to screw something up and ruin your phone.
    05-09-09 06:41 PM
    I thought it was easy...but at the same time, it's also easy to screw something up and ruin your phone.
    haha guess i'll just have to take my chances then...thanks
    05-09-09 07:22 PM
    I definitely second the recommendation to take things slow and easy. I blew out the 3.5mm audio jack on mine the first time I changed the housing. I just did my second housing change (on a replacement curve I purchased), and thankfully the audio jack is still fully functional. I credit this by doing the replacement slowly and carefully, and completely leaving the side rails alone.
    05-10-09 05:25 PM
    Here are a few pics of the completed housing change on my 8330. I bought this on ebay and it was 100% new and included all pcs with the middle chassis. This had a new antenna, speaker, camera flash, led etc...All the pcs cost me 40 bucks but didn't include the tools. This was not a biggie as I had them already. It has a sprint logo and I have a verizon phone not that I cared at all. I have to say this is a tedious install and PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME!!! I am an IBM tech with loads of experience working with small parts and you can ruin the antennas (there are 2!) pretty easy. I will tell you that it looks and looked 100% new when I was finished. You would never have know it was over a yr old! Be careful when buying a repainted housing on ebay as some are repaints....These paint jobs USUALLY don't hold up as well as OEM and will scratch and flake easily. If you want the guys ebay id let me know and I will send it to you. He only has red 8330's with sprint logo.
    05-15-09 06:25 PM
    aww he doesnt have any 8320 housings
    05-15-09 06:29 PM
    I don't think so? Pin me if you want his info or have any other questions about the install!
    05-15-09 07:08 PM
    I'm about to do an install on my 8130 pearl with all new housing but i'm scared i'm gonna mess it up...could somebody please send me a link to a video on how to do it? thank you
    05-16-09 12:28 AM
    I've done a few housing installs, and I would stress being EXTRA EXTRA Careful!!
    The last time I replaced the housing on my curve, I messed up the antenna and ended up having to get a new one...

Also, your original housing has a little bit of foam around the screen to keep dust and dirt out...most of the ones you'll find online dont, so if having dust in your screen bothers you, you'll probably be taking it apart to clean it every week or two.
    You can order the dust prevention foam on gsm4world.com usd3.99
    05-17-09 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD